Minor and major pentatonic and natural minor and blues scale (Which is minor pentatonic with an added b5 note)

Slash sometimes uses harmonic minor, but onyl when the backing chords call for it. Otherwise just Those^^

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Feb 6, 2009,
Quote by xxdarrenxx
Minor and major pentatonic and natural minor and blues scale (Which is minor pentatonic with an added b5 note)

Slash sometimes uses harmonic minor, but onyl when the backing chords call for it. Otherwise just Those^^

Slash also uses Chromatic sometimes. In "Shine" for example.
Quote by aaciseric
Slash also uses Chromatic sometimes. In "Shine" for example.

Quote by TS

Does anybody know what scales do Angus Young and Slash use most of the time?.

Yes he uses chromatic licks sometimes, but those are just major/minor pentatonic licks with added chromatics, but not the chromatic scale in his writings, like schoenberg, or as heavily as Petrucci does in his riffs/solo's.

I just mentioned Harmonic minor, because those are used in the solo of the 2 biggest hit songs ever from slash (gnr) which are the end solo of November Rain and 1 of the solo's in Sweet Child O' Mine.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Feb 6, 2009,
Thanks guys!,I look forward to start learning them as soon as i grab my guitar.

Thanks agian!.
I'll assume if you're asking about slash than you're looking for his sweet melodic sound. That'll be blues pentatonic and natural minor with some harmonic minor.
Learning a scale will not make you sound like your favorite guitarist.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Slash also uses some sweet modal stuff on the VR albums. Namely Phrygian, Lydian, and Mixolydian licks.
Quote by MosesThoukwho
Thanks guys!,I look forward to start learning them as soon as i grab my guitar.

Thanks agian!.

there's no point doing that, it's not going to achieve anything - just worry about learning to play the guitar, you'll be able to learn their songs when you're ready.

Start with the basics, get a feel for the guitar and learn a few open chords to get yourself started.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Archeo Avis
Learning a scale will not make you sound like your favorite guitarist.

I am learning the scales so i can get their licks and solos down right and also make my own licks out of them making me sound abit close to them i am guessing ,But sounding like them is abit hard since everyone is unique.
Quote by MosesThoukwho
I am learning the scales so i can get their licks and solos down right and also make my own licks out of them making me sound abit close to them i am guessing ,But sounding like them is abit hard since everyone is unique.

OIC

In that case you might want to learn a bit more about scales rather than just jumping in to learning them, maybe have a read of Josh Urban's Crusade articles at the same time.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
OIC

In that case you might want to learn a bit more about scales rather than just jumping in to learning them, maybe have a read of Josh Urban's Crusade articles at the same time.

I know littile about the scales i hope those articles help me with my lazy-ness
Thanks!.

Quote by Rave765
Yeah this is what happens when you skip ahead of the basics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbCsH6CBw3M

no sense of timing at all

I got that solo down already
Actually going through a few patterns of the scales before attempting a solo can be helpful.
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.