One of my lecturers posted his notes on the University system as a Word document, I, however, don't have word and so can't use them.

Could anyone here download the attached file and convert it to a PDF for me? The University computers wont allow it for some bizarre reason, and since he didn't leave enough time to write in the lectures, I'm stuck without them.
I tried opening them in Works Processor and swrite (from the OpenOffice package) but they miss out diagrams etc, as well as giving me ten minutes of fighting with 'Installing Microsoft Office...' which drives me mad.

Anyway, any help appreciated

*tries uploading*
Ok so I can't upload it
Does anyone here have Microsoft Word (2007+), and Adobe Writer/Reader, and will convert this file for me if I email you it?
This isn't a virus or trick, it's thermodynamics notes (something much worse in my opinion but oh well)

Anyone willing to help, PM me your email?

Again, thanks in advance
Well normally you can right-click, or at least, I can with other documents, and simply convert, for some reason here you can't
They said they'll e-mail me when the results are done. They convert it online and send it back to you.

I'll see if I can convert some other way as I got no idea how long it'll take.

EDIT: We should of just googled in the first place
I did Google it
But there's nothing seemingly relevant, the only idea it gave me (which I should've thought of) was using the Print -> PDF option
I then found they'd removed it from Word 07 since it was under legal threat

I may be able to save as .xps then send it to my own account and access it from home...
I've tried that, but PDF would be a certainty if only I could get it to work

Problem is I can't download any new programs etc onto this computer, and at home I can't do anything with the file at all, so at home I can't even consider doing anything with it, and here I'm too limited for most options to work, hence my plight in the Pit
Quote by Craigo
Check your emails.

EDIT: Ahh! I see.

Nothing showing yet, I'll give it a moment, I assume the Uni network is dubious of emails too

This is my only gripe with Microsoft, well no, the users of Microsoft, they all assume you've got Word
Right, sod this, I'm going to hope that the .xps works, or even better that that email gets through to me by the end of today
I've got some Tutorial questions to do for the next hour, and sitting here is driving me bonkers

Cheers Craig, and Chris who PM'ed me
I appreciate the help
In my opinion, OpenOffice is more powerful than Microsoft Office.. it's just that I really know my way around Microsoft Office (esp. 2007) now coz I use it at work.
404: Sig not found.
If you're still having problems with this, my e-mail addy is (removed)

It will take me a matter of seconds
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Last edited by Sonny_sam at Feb 6, 2009,
As long as he received my email, he's got it.
404: Sig not found.
ah right, I'll edit my e-mail out of the last post then
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
you wouldn't happen to be a pretentious Mac user would you?

No, I'm an avid Windows user, you wouldn't happen to be a presumptuous idiot would you?

Quote by filthandfury
You could just get OpenOffice. It's like Microsoft Office, but free.

I've got it, but it messes up the formatting of Word 07 documents

EDIT
I've got the email Craig, and Chris, one should work I expect! I'll reply if not, and if so, delete the thread
Thanks everyone who offered help

And Craig, I may add you anyway fella