Hello
I'm desperately hoping somebody can help me.
On my charvel model 2 and on my jackson JS1 I'm getting a serious sustain problem.
The open strings play beautifully and endlessly but when I go to fret a note and pluck it only sounds for about 2 seconds. At which point it dissipates into a warped, distorted fuzz.

Also my hammer-ons are ****! I fret a note, then hammer onto the same string and it becomes a disgusting mix of both notes, mixing and warping and throbbing and then disappearing altogether. It doesn't seem to be a matter of intonation as I've checked and they are both perfectly intonated.

Please help, what's causing this awful sustain?

Alfred
adjust your action, raise or lower your pups
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Im using a crate 65W flexline or something and line6 15w.

Does this happen because the string is touching multiple frets? Ie: action too low?
oh my, got that problem too, because my neck is a little away from the body, cant produce sustain on frets 5th to the 21st. because my neck is from another guitar and is just got a body from a nice friend, the neck does not perfectly fit, so i sanded it down a bit to make it fit., and it laid flat, and the sustain goes, on and on and on and on.
If all else fails, you better contact your mother! COME ON!

::type
thanks for all the replies!

I shimmed the neck so it was perfectly flat like u did cajun_prince, and now I've got the strings so low they're almost touching the frets but no fret buzz! I can hardly believe it!

Its a fairly old neck though and I suspect that a few of the frets are worn down on some strings.

thanks
Make Noise-core =D Problem solved.. sorry..

Seriously.. WHO considers noise-core listenable "Music" ? It's just crazy.. xP
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
Quote by Northernmight
Make Noise-core =D Problem solved.. sorry..

Seriously.. WHO considers noise-core listenable "Music" ? It's just crazy.. xP

There's a lot of "music" like that out there....

To the TS, it would be worth it to either have your guitars professionally set up, or learn how to set one up on your own. Minus the fretwork, learning to set up your guitar is really easy.