hey guys,

just want to ask about seven string guitars. im looking to buy one and i can only spend under like $900 on it lol..

im looking at a schecter, and i've pretty much decided on getting the schecter demon 7 with floyd. im only getting it with the floyd for staying in tune, i find there really good for that. overall the guitar looks nice, it has inlays that are different than just dots and its relatively cheap. also this guitar has duncan designed actives, which ive been told sound really good. trying it at the shop wont do it much justice becuase its being run through a 5 watt amp. are these pups any good?

ive got a schecter omen extreme at the moment and it plays really good. the demon 7 has the same specs as the omen basically, basswood body, maple neck, rosewood board with 24 frets.

so really i just want to know if theres any other options i could go for this price range, keep in mind im in australia so anything overseas would be out of the question becuase of shipping and the exchange rate. also if anyone has this guitar if they think its good and worth buying.

also this is completely unrelated but is there a product i can use to clean my fretboard that isnt like really expensive? ive heard using windex is good but i dont know if thats right.

thanks alot!
Last edited by russdogz_ at Feb 6, 2009,
water for your fingerboard?
play the guitar through a niceer amp
dont buy without being sure
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
water as in a slightly damp clothe is what i use
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
oh you were suggesting using water

my bad lol.. ill try it out.

this weird thing has happened with my fretboard on my schecter and ibanez, when there hanging on the wall i can see this mark coming from under the actual frets that looks like something has been dripping or wearing off.. just want to see if that goes away when i clean it
The only way you're going to decide if it's right for you is if you go try it out on a decent amp really, its more than just the sound you need to get used to. The general feel of a 7 is enough to put some people off, go out and play some, ask yourself if you would use it effectively.
I would also look into the loomis c7fr even tho its a sig its a great axe. it has a great tone it is by far my favorite guitar plus the color scheme and inlays are wicked looking.

Best thing i have found for the fretboard is a item called Cabinet Magic, I have used it for years on custom painted cabinetry and furniture i swear by it.

for the metal in the frets i use mothers wheel polish.
Last edited by DimeLvR at Feb 6, 2009,
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
The only way you're going to decide if it's right for you is if you go try it out on a decent amp really, its more than just the sound you need to get used to. The general feel of a 7 is enough to put some people off, go out and play some, ask yourself if you would use it effectively.

+1 with effectively being the keyword here.

some folk feel that in order to do some detuned chugga kinda stuff they need a 7 string.. when in reality, putting some heavy strings like 13-56 and tuning to B Standard would work just fine.

However, some folk like to have the best of both worlds which is being able to play in B just as effectively as playing in E standard.. in which case a 7 string is indispensable.

hope this helps! and personally, i've had NO qualms about duncan designed pickups.. they're generally very.. All purpose kinda pickups usually.. so they're not inherently good at anything but passable at least for most things.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
i have 3 seven strings. all ibanez. have you looked inti their sevens? i dont know how available they are in australia though?