which is better for a 2nd guitar? I like to play a lot of prog metal, and so far my gio has limited me severely from doing that.
Last edited by apu99992 at Feb 6, 2009,
i prefer 6 strings so 6
both sound good
good luck mate
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
what a question... it depends on you, on what u like to play.. there's no "better" or "worse" in this case
it really does depend on what you want to play.. if you buy a seven string and practice with it i think it will help when you play a six string again.

what kind of bands do you listen to? do many have dropped tunings and play on seven string guitars?
7 strings are great for dream theater etc, if you find your self opening tabs to see they're on 7s a lot then invest in one, or something like a drop tuned 6 string can be transposed into 7 string standard etc

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
I'd say a 7-string is only worth it if more than 25% of the stuff you want to play requires seven strings.
7 hands down. The 7th string opens up a whole world of sound options that you cant get with a 6. More and more pro guitarists are using them these days. there is a slight learning curve but once past it you will hardly play 6's again, well at least to me when I play 6's now feels like Im missing a finger.
i havent touched my six string since i got a seven string. now i have 3 seven strings lol.
Quote by YourVillain
I'd say a 7-string is only worth it if more than 25% of the stuff you want to play requires seven strings.

IMO a 7 string is worth it if 1% of the music you play is on 7 strings, as long as the specs you want in a guitar are matched by the 7 string why not buy one? They aren't more expensive than 6 strings and there is nothing they cant do a 6 string can.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by apu99992
which is better for a 2nd guitar? I like to play a lot of prog metal, and so far my gio has limited me severely from doing that.

I'm about to find out, I'll let you know later today. AHHAHAHAHAHAA! *skips along outta here*