Quote by acidhendrix
Metallica-Like style

Zeppelin-Well there Zeppelin

Black Sabbath-Some of their unpopular songs are the best

Ozzy-I simply like his songs

Nirvana-Kobaine is one of my heros

I hope your misspelling his name on purpose
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
1. Black Stone Cherry (Hard Rock)
2. The Offspring (Punk, Alt. Rock)
3. Slipknot (Death/Speed Metal)
4. Saliva (Rap Metal, Hard Rock)
5. Shinedown (Hard Rock)
Dispatch - These guys are the best jam band out there imo
Gin Blossoms - Really catchy hooks
Guns N' Roses - Back when they actually were GNR
Third Eye Blind - Jenkins's lyrics are out of this world
Clapton - Clapton is God
Guitars
Fender American Strat
Gibson SG

Amps & Effects

Fender Superchamp XD
Digitech RP-3
Boss SD-1
1. Coheed and Cambria: They actually got me into guitars with their riffs.

2. Nirvana: This is where I look to find my poetic side.

3. Foo Fighters: For the same reasons as Nirvana.

4. Shinedown: Good hard rock with alternative thrown in.

5. Creed: Same as Shinedown's.
Eternity isn't long
If all you so is sleep
And forever is just a little while
If all you do is dream.

All Alone is All we Are
1. Disturbed
2. Mudvayne
3. System of a Down
4. Rise Against
5. Static-X

but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate classics like Zeppelin, AC/DC and Sabbath.
Quote by Crazylegs11
1. Black Stone Cherry (Hard Rock)
2. The Offspring (Punk, Alt. Rock)
3. Slipknot (Death/Speed Metal)
4. Saliva (Rap Metal, Hard Rock)
5. Shinedown (Hard Rock)

What the hell?
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by radomu

2. The Corrs - Folk Rock, Pop, Celtic

Are you mad!
YNWA
1. Radiohead: Alternative Rock. The band that has covered the most ground over the span of their career; Radiohead has covered everything from the simple rock 'n' roll on "Pablo Honey" to the genre-crossing experiments and textured soundscapes of their newer releases. If there's one modern group we will remember in 15 years' time, it will be Radiohead.

2. Slowdive: Shoegazing. The word shoegazing most commonly evokes the noisy droning of My Bloody Valentine and the infectious pop melodies of Ride, but just as experimental as the first and just as catchy as the latter was Slowdive. Their album "Souvlaki" was a landmark of the Shoegazing genre, but it is on their third release, "Pygmalion" that they truly reached the height of their potential. "Pygmalion"'s gentle, abstract structures and minimalistic, post-rock approach resulted in a genre-bending album that was more mature than other efforts within the genre.

3. The Blood Brothers: Post-Hardcore. One of the noisier and more experimental bands to emerge from the post-hardcore scene. This band manages the impossible in unleashing their cathartic noise whilst retaining catchy pop structures.

4. Malajube: Indie Rock. A progressive francophone group whose every song could be a single. Their punk-influenced, spazzy rock 'n' roll manages to stay fresh on each new track.

5. A Place to Bury Strangers: Shoegazing. One of the more recent 'nu-gaze' bands, A Place to Bury Strangers is only a three-piece, but that's very hard to believe, seeing the amount of sound they generate.
Quote by austinb0309
Dispatch - These guys are the best jam band out there imo
Gin Blossoms - Really catchy hooks
Guns N' Roses - Back when they actually were GNR
Third Eye Blind - Jenkins's lyrics are out of this world
Clapton - Clapton is God

Not saying you have bad taste in music, but Dispatch is nto a jam band... they do improvise some, but they cannot be classified as a jam band. I like them, but they aren't a jam band. Jam Bands are liek Grateful Dead, Allmna Bros. Band, Umphrey's McGee, moe., Derek Trucks Band, Samadhi Vibe, Gov't Mule, Disco Biscuits, STS9, or String Cheese Incident adn stuff like them.
Quote by toyboxmonster
1. Radiohead: Alternative Rock. The band that has covered the most ground over the span of their career; Radiohead has covered everything from the simple rock 'n' roll on "Pablo Honey" to the genre-crossing experiments and textured soundscapes of their newer releases. If there's one modern group we will remember in 15 years' time, it will be Radiohead.

2. Slowdive: Shoegazing. The word shoegazing most commonly evokes the noisy droning of My Bloody Valentine and the infectious pop melodies of Ride, but just as experimental as the first and just as catchy as the latter was Slowdive. Their album "Souvlaki" was a landmark of the Shoegazing genre, but it is on their third release, "Pygmalion" that they truly reached the height of their potential. "Pygmalion"'s gentle, abstract structures and minimalistic, post-rock approach resulted in a genre-bending album that was more mature than other efforts within the genre.

3. The Blood Brothers: Post-Hardcore. One of the noisier and more experimental bands to emerge from the post-hardcore scene. This band manages the impossible in unleashing their cathartic noise whilst retaining catchy pop structures.

4. Malajube: Indie Rock. A progressive francophone group whose every song could be a single. Their punk-influenced, spazzy rock 'n' roll manages to stay fresh on each new track.

5. A Place to Bury Strangers: Shoegazing. One of the more recent 'nu-gaze' bands, A Place to Bury Strangers is only a three-piece, but that's very hard to believe, seeing the amount of sound they generate.

Backing this hard. Totally forgot about Slowdrive.

Mine:
1. Beastie Boys
2. The Gaslight Anthem
3. Say Anything
4. Alkaline Trio
5. Set Your Goals
1.Killswitch Engage
2.Haste The Day
3.Bring Me The Horizen
4.Five Finger Death Punch
5.The Devil Wears Prada
Last edited by CSMiller at Mar 18, 2009,
Quote by CSMiller
1.Killswitch Engage
2.Haste The Day
3.Bring Me The Horizen
4.Five Finger Death Punch
5.The Devil Wears Prada

i would appreciate it if you died.

or listened to better stuff. just sayin'. some music is objectively bad.
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
Quote by RPExecutor

Not cool dude
not cool
Quote by RPExecutor

It's a 'Top 5 Most Favorite Bands' list, not a 'Top 5 least subjective of musically objective great bands'.

In no order (way too hard to rank them):
Misfits - Glenn Danzig was a genius of sorts. A unique singer as well. Lots of very enjoyable melodies and tunes across his catalogue. Very fun music.

Immortal - Their range of black metal is great, a taste of raw bm, dynamic, thrashy bm, epic bm, etc... Very headbangable. Bonus points for being an internet meme resource. Funnily enough, I recall once laughing at Abbath and Horgh after seeing them in a 'Top 10 ridiculous black metal band/photos'. Years later, and they're one of my favourite bands

Mr. Bungle - Yet to hear anything like them, only imitations/tributes. Patton, Spruance and Dunn are also quite genius-like (Forgive me if you think I'm abusing the tag 'genius'). Again, a very strong catalogue, each album is unique on its own.

Slipknot - I reckon ever since I started getting into music, Slipknot have been one of the few bands I've consistently enjoyed. I didn't dig Volume 3 or AHIG much, but MFKR, the S/T and Iowa are still great ear-candy. Lots and lots of hooks, catchy riffs and melodies.

and sneaking into the last vacant position:
Dream Theater - I really don't like where they've been heading lately, but their early to mid-material was incredibly orgasmic. Back in that era, their music was a perfect combination of technical skill and emotional material (particularly with Kevin Moore's songwriting abilities).
Life is Hell
Last edited by arrell at Mar 19, 2009,
Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention
Jeff Beck
John McLaughlin
Cream
Herbie Hancock
'Music is the best"
Zappa
Quote by RPExecutor

Seeing your profile, it shows how much your tastes are as much, or even more, bland and mediocre than his
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Its still hair, you know.
Quote by radomu
Seeing your profile, it shows how much your tastes are as much, or even more, bland and mediocre than his

yes, i listen to some mediocre metalcore. this is true. but that's not all i listen to - and this is where it starts getting subjective, so arguments open.

but let me tell you this: i'd much rather be listening to innovative and interesting music such as BTBAM, TDEP, Chopin, or Meshuggah than bland and overproduced stuff. this is a view which i believe many, many more people should hold.

what is the point of music? to stimulate. how is stimulation carried out? novelty and interest. how is novelty important? progression. in short, music is supposed to evolve, and evolution is only processed through stimulation. see the circle?

of course, someone will then argue that i'm trying to force views on others which i really should keep to myself, and then i will declare that i really don't give a sh8t, and then someone will call me a music nazi and i will henceforth be disliked universally. whatever. it's the internet.
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
Quote by RPExecutor
yes, i listen to some mediocre metalcore. this is true. but that's not all i listen to - and this is where it starts getting subjective, so arguments open.

but let me tell you this: i'd much rather be listening to innovative and interesting music such as BTBAM, TDEP, Chopin, or Meshuggah than bland and overproduced stuff. this is a view which i believe many, many more people should hold.

what is the point of music? to stimulate. how is stimulation carried out? novelty and interest. how is novelty important? progression. in short, music is supposed to evolve, and evolution is only processed through stimulation. see the circle?

of course, someone will then argue that i'm trying to force views on others which i really should keep to myself, and then i will declare that i really don't give a sh8t, and then someone will call me a music nazi and i will henceforth be disliked universally. whatever. it's the internet.

Interestingly, I praise you for your views on music.
I hate overproduced stuff, the most obvious example from today's music scene being Coldplay's Viva La Vida, and it loses it's quality when it's overdone.

For me, music is for appreciating life.
I'm from a Christian high school and the worship band leader nudges me to join the band as a guitarist, even if I'm still a novice, but I can't because it contradicts with what I believe in music.
I started guitar because I want to rock and roll, and rock and roll is for the people, as Ozzy Osbourne said, therefore I can't play music to worship God because that doesn't make sense to me.

I still don't get your circle theory
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by RPExecutor
but that's not all i listen to.

Welcome to everyone else's world.
Life is Hell
paramore
my chemical romance
the all american rejects
evanescences
marilyn manson
1. Radiohead
2. The Mars Volta
3. Between the buried and me
4. Cynic
5. Genghis Tron

Yeah, my band will sound like that.
Quote by deegarmi
paramore
my chemical romance
the all american rejects
evanescences
marilyn manson

Someone, inspire him with music that's worth listening!

...no seriously though, I respect your tastes leaning to a more modern stance
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
1. Amorphis - Metal, hard rock
2. Metallica -
3. Insomnium - Melodic death metal
4. Von Hertzen Brothers - Progressive rock, classic rock
5. Volbeat - Heavy metal, hard rock
Quote by MCRfreak21
1. My Chemical Romance
2. Hinder
3. Green Day
4. Good Charlotte
5. Shinedown

LOL
Quote by MCRfreak21
1. My Chemical Romance
2. Hinder
3. Green Day
4. Good Charlotte
5. Shinedown

Great but you really shouldn't be on UG
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
megadeth
at the gates
all shall perish
led zeppelin
jason becker/mars volta/greendays first 3 albums

damn but i have so many more favorites
Gear:

Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special /w EMGs
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960 B Cab

Check out my band...

Negative - great lyrics and fantastic guitar riffs/solos

Lovex - powerful catchy songs! *****

In this Moment - Amazing vocals and heavy guitar parts!

Naked - Sleazy rock 'n' roll!

Uniklubi - Catchy pop rock songs straight outta Finland!
Quote by akcbd
Negative - great lyrics and fantastic guitar riffs/solos

Lovex - powerful catchy songs! *****

In this Moment - Amazing vocals and heavy guitar parts!

Naked - Sleazy rock 'n' roll!

Uniklubi - Catchy pop rock songs straight outta Finland!

WOW, haven't heard ANY of them!!!
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by radomu
WOW, haven't heard ANY of them!!!

Negative, Lovex and Uniklubi are Finnish glam rock bands. The rest are unknown for me as well, though Naked seems to be a Finnish band too.
1. Metallica
2. Guns N Roses
3. Black Label Society
4. Children of Bodom
5. Pantera
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.