Dream Theater, Opeth, Into Eternity, August Burns Red, and Destroy the Runner
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Quote by Blizk
Negative, Lovex and Uniklubi are Finnish glam rock bands. The rest are unknown for me as well, though Naked seems to be a Finnish band too.

They have metal in Finland?

1.Gun's n Roses
2.My Chemical Romance
3.Fall Out Boy
4.Simple Plan
5.Paramore

dude
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Its still hair, you know.
Quote by radomu
dude

That's what I said...just ridiculous

Anyway -
Megadeth - Thrash Metal
Black Sabbath - Classic Heavy Metal
Gojira - Progressive/Sludge Metal
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Southern Rock
Boston & Eagles - Tied for Classic Rock
Jackson JS30RR
Ibanez RG170DX
Squier Stratocaster
Dunlop "Grommet" straps, strap locks & .88 Tortex Jazz picks
Behringer V-Tone GM108 (15 watt)
Boss ME-70
METAL TIL DETH!!!
Since it's hard for me decide I just looked on last.fm to see who I listened to most and the first one is the only one I'm absolutley sure of It's place.

1. The Stones - Keith and Ron's playing is phenomenal no one else can do the stuff they do, Mick is just a great singer, Charlie is a great drummer, Bobby is the single greatest rock sax player ever, live is freaking incredible, and the greatest run of albums ever is England's Newest Hitmakers to A Bigger Bang, yes I liked Satanic Majesties and everything post-Exile.

2. AC/DC - Love the energy, and Angus is good, not great but he's a good guitarist.

3. Led Zeppelin - So diverse, and every album was just great. Jimmy was my first inspiration. Rock and Roll is the greatest 12-bar of all time.

4. Beatles - Great band. John is my favorite, then Paul, then George, then Ringo. The White Album is amazing and they're all great musicians. They were hit and miss for me up until Eleanor Rigby at which point they became a really great band.

5. The Who - The greatest tanlent pool of any band ever. Roger is an great singer up until Tommy then he became incredible. Pete is a pretty freaking great guitarist and a good singer. John was an incredible bassist and wasn't half bad at singing. And finally Keith. Keith is the single greatest drummer in the history of the world. Only John Bonham and Ginger Baker come close.

Honorable Mentions
Robert Johnson - The greatest acoustic guitarist ever, and he had so much soul.
Jimi Hendrix - The greatest electric guitarist ever and tied with Robert for best guitarist.
Bob Dylan - He's the greatest poet of the 20th century.
SRV - Inspirational guitar work.
Clapton - One of the coolest guitarists ever it's hard to pin down my favorite band of his, but I would have to say Cream.
The Ramones - I mostly play blues, but when I'm pissed there's nothing better to play than a little Ramones. It's hard decide who I like best though Ramones, Sex Pistols or The Stooges. Finally Rock & Roll Radio was the first full song I learned, even though I still can't get that mini guitar solo right before the chorus at full speed. You know that Chuck Berry lick five times.

Edit: I'm proud to be the first person here with The Stones as their favorite band
Last edited by cornmancer at Apr 1, 2009,
Quote by cornmancer
Since it's hard for me decide I just looked on last.fm to see who I listened to most and the first one is the only one I'm absolutley sure of It's place.

1. The Stones - Keith and Ron's playing is phenomenal no one else can do the stuff they do, Mick is just a great singer, Charlie is a great drummer, Bobby is the single greatest rock sax player ever, live is freaking incredible, and the greatest run of albums ever is England's Newest Hitmakers to A Bigger Bang, yes I liked Satanic Majesties and everything post-Exile.

2. AC/DC - Love the energy, and Angus is good, not great but he's a good guitarist.

3. Led Zeppelin - So diverse, and every album was just great. Jimmy was my first inspiration. Rock and Roll is the greatest 12-bar of all time.

4. Beatles - Great band. John is my favorite, then Paul, then George, then Ringo. The White Album is amazing and they're all great musicians. They were hit and miss for me up until Eleanor Rigby at which point they became a really great band.

5. The Who - The greatest tanlent pool of any band ever. Roger is an great singer up until Tommy then he became incredible. Pete is a pretty freaking great guitarist and a good singer. John was an incredible bassist and wasn't half bad at singing. And finally Keith. Keith is the single greatest drummer in the history of the world. Only John Bonham and Ginger Baker come close.

Honorable Mentions
Robert Johnson - The greatest acoustic guitarist ever, and he had so much soul.
Jimi Hendrix - The greatest electric guitarist ever and tied with Robert for best guitarist.
Bob Dylan - He's the greatest poet of the 20th century.
SRV - Inspirational guitar work.
Clapton - One of the coolest guitarists ever it's hard to pin down my favorite band of his, but I would have to say Cream.
The Ramones - I mostly play blues, but when I'm pissed there's nothing better to play than a little Ramones. It's hard decide who I like best though Ramones, Sex Pistols or The Stooges. Finally Rock & Roll Radio was the first full song I learned, even though I still can't get that mini guitar solo right before the chorus at full speed. You know that Chuck Berry lick five times.

Edit: I'm proud to be the first person here with The Stones as their favorite band

Kudos for your great taste
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by dizkonnektid
That's what I said...just ridiculous

Anyway -
Megadeth - Thrash Metal
Black Sabbath - Classic Heavy Metal
Gojira - Progressive/Sludge Metal
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Southern Rock
Boston & Eagles - Tied for Classic Rock

I mean, Guns N' Roses is fine, but Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance on top 2 and 3?
He, or she, needs some help
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
1. Megadeth

2.Nevermore

3.Jeff Loomis

4.Lamb of God

5.unknown...i have a slot of favorite songs not really bands...

ALL METAL!! WOO! I DONT FEEL FEELINGS...ONLY ANGER!
1.Avenged Sevenfold
2.Nirvana
3.Sublime
4.Oasis
5.Wilco
Last edited by idioldude at Apr 7, 2009,
1. Papa Roach
2. Metallica
3. Nirvana
4. Mudhoney
5. Guns N Roses
In the 22nd century, how many guitarists is needed to replace a light source?

Five. One to actually do it, and four to reminisce about how much better the old tubes were.

Quote by SquareNothing
Metalicer!!!! Krik Halmet!!!!1
1. Pink Floyd
2. Nirvana
3. Wolfmother
4. Led Zeppelin
5. Nine Inch Nails

In no particular order, except for Floyd
Quote by IsmokeDope
1. Papa Roach
2. Metallica
3. Nirvana
4. Mudhoney
5. Guns N Roses

Noooo, really?
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by hypnoticsounds
Nickelback
The Fray
Fountains Of Wayne
Simple Plan
Watershed

You're the first person I met that actually likes Nickelback
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by hypnoticsounds
Nickelback
The Fray
Fountains Of Wayne
Simple Plan
Watershed

Fountains of Wayne are probably the worst band of all time.
Quote by 1anbrown
Fountains of Wayne are probably the worst band of all time.

Nope, that would be Hootie and the Blowjobs
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Hard. I've got favorites all over the place:

1st - AC/DC - best hard rock ever. Don't care if some say they got no variety. They rock!
2nd - Metallica - Recent, but good enough to stick it in the second place. Nice singin' and shreddin'. Best sounding metal for me!!
3rd - Rammstein - The european. I just like the sound of it.
4th - Ramones - Punk!!! Fast!!! Cool!!! nuff' said
5th - Apocalyptica - Wow, those cellos make me shiver!!!
THANX IN ADVANCE!!!
-----------------------------------------
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Studio 10S amp
-----------------------------------------
Future Gear
Gibson SG
Steinberger SS-2F / Demon
Squier Precision Bass
Last edited by ambitiousOne at Apr 10, 2009,
Quote by radomu
You're the first person I met that actually likes Nickelback

Well you must not know very many people then.

Favorite bands as of late:
Aereogramme
mewithoutYou
Animal Collective
Look Mexico
Dananananaykroyd
Quote by ambitiousOne
Hard. I've got favorites all over the place:

1st - AC/DC - best hard rock ever. Don't care if some say they got no variety. They rock!
2nd - Metallica - Recent, but good enough to stick it in the second place. Nice singin' and shreddin'. Best sounding metal for me!!
3rd - Rammstein - The european. I just like the sound of it.
4th - Ramones - Punk!!! Fast!!! Cool!!! nuff' said
5th - Apocalyptica - Wow, those cellos make me shiver!!!

I totally respect you for your love for AC/DC, they do hard rock so good because they're focused on it.
Back in Black, IMO, is one of the greatest songs ever.
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by radomu
I totally respect you for your love for AC/DC, they do hard rock so good because they're focused on it.
Back in Black, IMO, is one of the greatest songs ever.

I find it amusing that you bashed Nickelback earlier, than proceeded to fellate AC/DC in this post.

AC/DC is pretty much Nickelback for old people and teens who want to be "anti-mainstream".
Quote by Doppelgänger
I find it amusing that you bashed Nickelback earlier, than proceeded to fellate AC/DC in this post.

AC/DC is pretty much Nickelback for old people and teens who want to be "anti-mainstream".

...no, no they're totally different.

AC/DC is pure Hard Rock with huge influences from early Rock and Roll and Blues Rock, like Chuck Berry or Little Richard.

Nickelback is more Alternative and Pop than Hard Rock.
I think they're the younger Bon Jovi.

And I think AC/DC re caught the mainstream with their new album selling like stock.
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
I was basing my point more on the fact that they both rely on formulaic songs which they continue to rehash with each new album.
1. Radiohead (actually as good as people say they are)
2. The Drones (raw and for lack of a better word "epic" Australian swamp rock) nothing like ACDC so get that idea out of your head
3. Neil Young (my favourite classic rock artist by a long shot the man is a genius)
4. Ween (extremely versatile band can do many genres and half the time you are left guessing if they are serious or just taking the piss)
5. Bruce Springsteen (anything that comes out of this mans mouth sounds convincing)
She Had An Abortion That She Made Me Pay For
Led Zeppelin
Van Halen
Kiss
Black Sabbath
Armored Saint
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Quote by volcom_sk8_rock
1. Radiohead (actually as good as people say they are)
2. The Drones (raw and for lack of a better word "epic" Australian swamp rock) nothing like ACDC so get that idea out of your head
3. Neil Young (my favourite classic rock artist by a long shot the man is a genius)
4. Ween (extremely versatile band can do many genres and half the time you are left guessing if they are serious or just taking the piss)
5. Bruce Springsteen (anything that comes out of this mans mouth sounds convincing)

Radiohead was amazing at the grammys, I was shocked

I was basing my point more on the fact that they both rely on formulaic songs which they continue to rehash with each new album.

Thousands of bands do that
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by radomu
Thousands of bands do that

The good ones don't.

An argument could be made along the lines of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", that bands don't necessarily need to change their sound to be considered good; the problem being that like Nickelback, AC/DC never made anything that wasn't "broke" in the first place.
Quote by Doppelgänger
The good ones don't.

An argument could be made along the lines of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", that bands don't necessarily need to change their sound to be considered good; the problem being that like Nickelback, AC/DC never made anything that wasn't "broke" in the first place.

That's true, I love diverse bands.
IMO, I think the best musicians tackle different types of music, different sounds, and different genres and creates their own interpretation of it.
They "explore" as musicologists, and fine examples are Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Rod Stewart, and Miles Davis of course.

But I don't think it's always true that it never works.
AC/DC made tons of albums that sound almost exactly the same, but they nail at what they do.
I don't think they're stuff is "broke" at all, it's good ol' solid hard rocking blues.
They never explore, but that's good because their original form is so attractive, musically.

If Angus Young had my personality, I'd be playing something that's not aggressive because I get bored with stuff pretty easily, but he's a patient Aussie.
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by TwilightBizarre
1. Cinema bizarre
2. Orange Range
3. High and Mighty Color
4. Paramore
5. t.A.T.u.

I used to love High and Mighty Color... when I was 13.

But they have really fun tunes to sing along with.
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
1.) 3 Doors Down (Alternative, Rock, and Pop) - awesome little guitar licks and great lyrics that are both inspiring and emotional
2.) The Sword (Retro Metal) - just all around a great band
3.) Metallica (Metal) - everything you could ask for i na metal band; crazy solos, great singing, awesome songs and riffs
4.) Hurt (Rock) - really cool guitar harmonies and lick, thoughtful lyrics
5.) Dragonforce (Metal) - Herman Li shreds, even though their songs are similar, i didnt know who to put in my #5 spot
Quote by Friday Night
1.) 3 Doors Down (Alternative, Rock, and Pop) - awesome little guitar licks and great lyrics that are both inspiring and emotional
2.) The Sword (Retro Metal) - just all around a great band
3.) Metallica (Metal) - everything you could ask for i na metal band; crazy solos, great singing, awesome songs and riffs
4.) Hurt (Rock) - really cool guitar harmonies and lick, thoughtful lyrics
5.) Dragonforce (Metal) - Herman Li shreds, even though their songs are similar, i didnt know who to put in my #5 spot

Try the Doors
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron