I have an ESP LTD M-1000 with two EMG 81 pickups. Dont get me wrong, i love it, but it sounds like everything else with emg's. I just want some suggestions that could be either equal in price or possibly an upgrade. Price doesnt really matter.

If you need more info just ask
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Emg's make every guitar sound the same. That's why I don't like them.
I LOVE GUNS N' ROSES.
SD blackouts, Or the live wires, or go simple and replace the neck PU with a EMG 60 0r 85 or 89.
if you like the active pickup thing but want something that isnt generic emg then i recommend the seymour duncan blackouts. its tru that they sound more organic than emgs and they really respond to how the guitar is made (i have them in 2 different guitars and they sound simmilar but different if you know what i mean)
Bare Knuckle Pickups are absolutely excellent for organic, original tone, they'll blow emgs out of the water, i'd reccomnd the Nailbomb if youre looking to replace 81's.
Its only worth it if you live in england though, it adds so much to the cost to ship them out.
what kind of tones are you looking for?
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
Is there any passive options for metal? I dont really need actives all too much
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by John5rules125
Is there any passive options for metal? I dont really need actives all too much

Bareknucles,DiMarzio,Seymour Duncan,the list goes on.There are a lot of high output passives out there,but you have to figure out what sound you want from them first.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by danza71
Bare Knuckle Pickups are absolutely excellent for organic, original tone, they'll blow emgs out of the water, i'd reccomnd the Nailbomb if youre looking to replace 81's.
Its only worth it if you live in england though, it adds so much to the cost to ship them out.

Why the Nailbomb? The 81's have alot of high end. The Nailbomb is pretty much the opposite of that and is mostly lows and mids, making it completely opposite. I believe the M-1000's are made of mohagany, which is ussually alot of mids and low end as well. I'd look for pickups with more high end if it were me. Something like the Warpig would probably even everything out.
BareNuckles Warpig? Is that active or passive and where can i get it from?
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by John5rules125
BareNuckles Warpig? Is that active or passive and where can i get it from?

Passive. Order directly from BKP's. You could also send them an email, tell them what sound you're looking for and they'll recommend what they think would work best as well.
Hmmm interesting. Is there any site with soundclips?
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by John5rules125
Hmmm interesting. Is there any site with soundclips?

Go on the main site and enter there forum, theres tons of clips on the BKP forum. Also, there are dealers in the US, I believe Axe Palace is one of them, but do some research because I believe buying direct is a litte bit cheaper.
Might be cheaper but shipping and one guy in here said costs a bunch but yeah ill do some research thanks
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10