The M-288 Bass Octave Deluxe is a dual-voice octave pedal from MXR Bass Innovations that offers organic analog tone, true bypass, and a wide variety of tone-shaping options. Powered by a single 9-volt battery, MXR's 18-volt Constant Headroom Technology(TM) (CHT) provides studio-performance headroom and superior tracking. Use the Dry knob to mix your direct bass signal with the octave effect, or hit the Mid+ switch to add up to +15dB of internally adjustable low-mid punch (400Hz) or midrange pop (850Hz). Bass players will love the two separately processed and individually voiced octave controlsGrowl (for throaty, midrange octave-below tone) and Girth (for deep and smooth octave below). The Bass Octave Deluxe comes in a durable, lightweight aluminum casting and has the same high-quality jacks and switches that have made MXR pedals the road-ready standard on pedal-boards around the world for over 30 years.

Said to be available in April for around $150

yeah, I want one too.
Last edited by Miss G at Feb 6, 2009,
That looks great, I'll definitely be contemplating buying it. How much exactly?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Looks noice... How much is it?

I play guitar mostly but whenever I get to rob my bassists 5-String Zombie, I just love to annoy the neighbors. Though you can't really hear what you're playing, playing rhythm guitar patterns on a bass is a great way to go deaf.
Gear;
- B.C. Rich Warbeast Bloodbound
- B.C. Rich NT Zombie 5-String Bass
- BOSS GT-10 Multi Effects TANK!
...In other words, I'm taking a giant dump on fender owners who use pods.
if you can't hear what you're playing you're doing something very very wrong
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by IndianRockStar
So it has two octave down modes and no octave up? That is a downer.

I agree - octave up is amazin'. does anyone know any good (cheap :P ) octave up pedals?
If it had an octave up and an octave down function id be all over it
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ScottB.
If it had an octave up and an octave down function id be all over it

Kinda like my Micro POG, eh?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Im trying some pedals on the weekend hopefully, Ill see if they have one^
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Has anyone here heard an octave pedal octave any note below and including an open A string? It sounds pretty friggin' ridiculous.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by IndianRockStar
I just noticed my unintentional pun

I get the feeling having two kinds of octave down will not make a difference in a band setting, besides the fact that you have an octave down on.

I just noticed that, you should be ashamed of yourself.
Quote by guitarhero_764

Quote by thefitz
Has anyone here heard an octave pedal octave any note below and including an open A string? It sounds pretty friggin' ridiculous.

I borrowed my pal's boss octave pedal once - it goes down 2 octaves. It has a bass input on it - kind of pointless i thought - isn't that out of the range of human hearing?
Quote by jimRH7
I borrowed my pal's boss octave pedal once - it goes down 2 octaves. It has a bass input on it - kind of pointless i thought - isn't that out of the range of human hearing?

Maybe, but not out of the range of feeling.
Quote by jimRH7
I agree - octave up is amazin'. does anyone know any good (cheap :P ) octave up pedals?

You could just get one of those (or another cheap octave down pedal) and just play everything an octave up. That's the reason why there are so many octave down pedals and so few octave up pedals, right?
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
^ Playing in the proper octave with an octave up sounds a lot more pleasant and convincing than the other way round.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
well, the reason i'd want an octave up is I frequently run out for frets when i'm noodling on high notes. I'd just have the pedal with the blend at 100% so only the octave up comes through.

You can do that right? I think my zoom pedal has an effect like this. but It might be a synth effect.
Quote by jimRH7
well, the reason i'd want an octave up is I frequently run out for frets when i'm noodling on high notes. I'd just have the pedal with the blend at 100% so only the octave up comes through.

You can do that right?

I'd assume so. As long as there is some way of controlling the amount of octave and dry signals (which pretty much all octave pedals have).
Quote by C0_0kie

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
^ How? It hasn't been released yet. He may use something similar, though, I don't know
Quote by C0_0kie

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP