i have little to no knowledge of the schecter company. all i know is i love their designs.

does this look any good to you guys?

http://www.guitar.co.uk/schecter/2328-schecter_sunset_extreme_fr_electric_guitar?page=1

http://www.musiccentre.co.uk/acatalog/Schecter_Export_Sunset_Series_Guitars.html#a515

(second URL, second guitar down)

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Last edited by Silver-spear94 at Feb 6, 2009,
Schecter are good but Ibanez have better necks if you ask me.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
i already have my ibanez, i jsut need another decent guitar, that can pull of the metal tone. unfortunately my fender doesnt appear to be capable of getting the dark crunch sound ive come to love.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

I played one of thoe ESP black and gold Les Paul copies one time and I would love to have one of those just for that dark and beefy metal tone. GREAT sounding guitar.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
Quote by Silver-spear94
i already have my ibanez, i jsut need another decent guitar, that can pull of the metal tone. unfortunately my fender doesnt appear to be capable of getting the dark crunch sound ive come to love.

Maybe get a new amp instead of spending money on ANOTHER UNEEDED GUITAR!

If not, Shecter are a decent enough series if you spend the money on it.
If not, try Jackson.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
are the licensed floyd rose tremolos on schecter sunset's good or bad?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Schecter have the best money/quality ratio IMO... they have quality right across the board. The necks are thicker than others like Ibanez, the Licensed FRs are usually pretty stable, stock pickups on the cheaper models don't completely suck, but can make great guitars if you upgrade them with new pickups, still good guitars if you don't.
im getting peavey vypyr 30X for my birthday on the 22nd this month.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Have you even played the Schecter model in question?
It seems just off other peoples opinions, you've changed your 'to-get' list in your sig to that from a Gibson Les Paul.
Quote by demoniacfashion

Quote by Oasis-fanatic

Quote by human panda
yeah, i decided that for the cash i would need to get a LP, id probably have to save every pound i get for about 4 years. needless to say, i work a crappy job.

i might still get an LP, but im not holding much hope for the near future.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

You already have 2 decent guitars so I wouldn't add another needless one if I were you.I'd wait until Peavey releases that new 6505+ combo and get that instead,or some kind of other tube amp, that would be the best overall upgrade you could get for your rig for that kind of cash.I honestly don't see why people rave over the Vypyr series so much,I've tried them and they sounded like an ordinary little digital modeling amp,not much better than the spider series IMO.They'd be cool for practice and dicking around with,but I honestly couldn't see using one as my main amp.

/Opinion

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

just out of interest, what amplifiers do bullet for my valentine use?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

im not going to be using the vypyr for anything more than practise anyway. i dont really have £500+ to blow on a decent marshall. ive heard the unanymous opinion on MGs are theyre crap so im steering clear of those. the Vypyr seems fine for my purposes from what ive heard when playing through it in the store. and what ive heard from others on UG

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
just out of interest, what amplifiers do bullet for my valentine use?

No clue,I don't listen to them,but I'd imagine that they're naturally high gain tube amps of some kind.Marshall,Mesa,Peavey,Bogner, or something of that sort.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I believe Bullet for my Valentine play through Peavey 6506+.
Quote by demoniacfashion

Quote by Oasis-fanatic

Quote by human panda
Bullet For My Valentine use Peavey 6505 amps, and you can get a good BFMV tone out of the Vypyr.
If you won't be gigging for a while you don't need a 6505. If you plan on gigging at all in the near future, a larger tube amp would be a better investment so you don't have to go buy a new amp when you start gigging.

Anyways, the sunset seems like a good guitar. I don't like their necks though. I prefer the wizard. (ok technically i have a UV neck but it's all ibanez)
get the custom. its got the duncan designed blakouts. they are sweet as hell! WAY better than any EMG. but the extreme is good too. great LFRs (same as low-end LTDs) and AMAZING quality CONTROL! you really cant go wrong with any schecter.
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
The LFRs on schecters are good, I beat the crap out of mine and it stays in tune.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.