does somebody want to explain to me the point of a 100w SS amp? i just dont get it.
i cam across this , and it just confused the hell out of me.
1. SS amps dont sound as good as tube amps, especially at the loud volumes that 100w amps are made for
2. who really even needs that much wattage? in a SS amp, it just sounds like crap. in a tube amp, you gotta turn it up really loud to get the best sound, and if you dont have an attenuator, your ears are ****ed.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Why would you waste your time posting this thread?
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
cuz i'm on a free period at school, and i want to understand why on earth people would be attracted to such an amp.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
*facepalm*

this will get really nasty

some SS amps sound great (you get what you pay for)

some people need to be heard over a drummer and have little money

so what if the best sounding amp in your price range happens to be 100w?

some people prefer SS cleans (jazz guitarists im looking in your direction) and 100w is plenty of headroom.

its personal preferance, and to be quite honest your opinion on 100w SS amps matters to noone but yourself
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
*facepalm*

this will get really nasty

some SS amps sound great (you get what you pay for)

some people need to be heard over a drummer and have little money

so what if the best sounding amp in your price range happens to be 100w?

some people prefer SS cleans (jazz guitarists im looking in your direction) and 100w is plenty of headroom.

its personal preferance, and to be quite honest your opinion on 100w SS amps matters to noone but yourself

not trying to start an argument. just wanted to understand the appeal more, which you have done.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
I have an amp similar to that

I'm attracted to mine 'cause I don't have to pay $20-$40 (I dunno the exact pricing, good tubes I assume are about that?) per tube for a tube amp. My amp sounds just as good as a tube at a lower volume, the only difference (that I can really tell) is that tube amps sound loads better than SS at higher volumes, but since I'm not playing mine at an extraordinary volume, it suits me just fine.

EDIT: And what Stevo said, basically. Honestly, I hate the dirty clean sound you get from a tube amp when you play harder/louder.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Last edited by SchecterC-1+Man at Feb 6, 2009,
its for jazz players i think, they may want an amp capable of high volumes with no distortion due to saturation.
PS. a 100 w amp -be it SS or tube- is useless
ur not ron...

(cookie to whoever gets it)

On topic, some SS amps have wonderful cleans.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
i have a 150watt spider III....sue me.

but on a helpful note. the 212 spider III honestly sounds better than the 112, so in this case, insane wattage got me better sound. granted, i have since replaced the spider III with a 40watt all tube fender hotrod and a 120watt 70's peavey hybrid thingy-ma-bob sorta amp
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional