I would like to know how much is the proper action for the guitar. The distance between the thickest E-string and the fretboard at the highest part is 0.5 cm. Is that way too high? I have really no idea.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR 08' edition
Zoom Gfx-5
Roland Microcube
Laney HCM15 Hardcore Max
Takamine G Series EG341SC
Depends on the string brand/size?
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
its yamaha. String gauge 09
Gear:
Zoom Gfx-5
Roland Microcube
Laney HCM15 Hardcore Max
bump..
Gear:
Zoom Gfx-5
Roland Microcube
Laney HCM15 Hardcore Max
Hmmm... it's pretty subjective thing. Do you not like it that high? I would probably lower it quite a bit but that's just me. Lowering the action is pretty easy on a les paul so if you want wind it down a bit and try it, if it seems ok lower it a bit more until you find somewhere you like. If you end up with fret buzz or you find it's just too low for your liking then wind it back up again.
Action should be as high as possible while still remaining comfortable and not impeding your playing.

Lower action can sometimes seem faster to play on, but it hurts sustain, clarity, and as pretty much every good professional guitarist has proven for decades, you don't actually need low action to play well.

My tip is to start low then slowly raise it by tiny increments until you hit the point where it becomes uncomfortable to play on. Then once you're at that point, you back the strings down just a tiny bit. That way you're left as high as possible for maximum sustain and clarity but not so high that it's hurting your playing.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
It depends on how you like your action.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
it goes by the height at the 12th fret, and the maintenance manual tells you the precise height, you will need feeler gauges to accurately measure the height, although this is stock height you may prefer a lil lower or higher, its all preference just like pretty much everything else on guitar
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
It really depends on how high you want it. I have all my guitars with fairly low action, apart from my Yamaha acoustic I keep quiet high for slide playing.