I just got the new 2009 Blood Moon model from Schecter yesterday. Once i got it out of the packaging added some ernieball straplocks and adjusted the action really low without fret buzz, it plays really sweet. The neck is thick but its fast. The duncan designs (which i may replace) seem to be a decent match for the tone that this beast produces. The cleans were very midranged and pronounced. Once driven to metal tones it screamed and growled at me with its dropD tuning. The wood and red finish are the best things about this guitar. Simply put its gorgeous. I'll get some pics up soon guys dont worry.
Last edited by The_Rooster at Feb 6, 2009,
Nice review,what amp did you run it through?

It'd probably be a decent guitar with a pup swap,I hates me them duncan designed dealies.

/Bad Grammar

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I ran it through my B-52 AT-100 half stack which a tighten up the gain tones with the digitech hardwire overdrive. Thanks thats my first review. I was nervous.
Quote by The_Rooster
I ran it through my B-52 AT-100 half stack which a tighten up the gain tones with the digitech hardwire overdrive. Thanks thats my first review. I was nervous.

Nice,how is the new hardwire series? I've used digitech products in the past and found them to be very unreliable and of poor quality.If I were you I'd save up some change and throw some real Duncans or DiMarzios in that thing and make it roar

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Yeah i plan to get some better pick ups. Any suggestions from seymoreduncan? And the hardwire series are built like tanks, analog, and overall awesome. I wanna replace all my boss pedals with hardwires now.

Sorry if these turn out bad or i did something wrong.
Last edited by The_Rooster at Feb 6, 2009,
Quote by The_Rooster
Yeah i plan to get some better pick ups. Any suggestions from seymoreduncan? And the hardwire series are built like tanks, analog, and overall awesome. I wanna replace all my boss pedals with hardwires now.

JB/'59 combo or SH-6/'59 combo would be pretty bad ass in that guitar IMO.The JB is a very versatile distortion pup and the SH-6 is higher output,but lacks a bit of versatility.The '59 in the neck would cover your clean and warm overdrive tones pretty well.The hardwire series look like they're better quality than their other pedals,I've had 3 digitech stomp boxes and they either died,or sounded horrible after a while,or a combo of both ahha.

Sweet yeah that JB/59 combo sounds nice. Yeah i've had a few digitech pedals that pooped out on me. The only digitech i use now is the whammy and the hardwire overdrive.
Seems like a nice build. Schecter is the deal^^ Write a full review later when you got the time!
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
I just ordered this guitar e few days ago. I can't wait for it to come
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
that is one sexy guitar

But seriously that is sweet. I've always been a fan of schecters with the covered pickups, like the C-1 Classic and the C-1 Plus.

The inlays on the bloodmoon look intense.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
how thick is the neck compared to say... the damien six? i'm in iraq and the schecter website won't load up for me to look at the specs...
That is one beautiful looking guitar, that inlay looks sweet!
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Yeah I agree! Although I personally don't like the feel of schecters that one looks amazing! How much did you pay?
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
Schecter makes very high quality guitars for low prices, so you really can't go wrong with anything made by them. Sexy guitar, and the fret inlays are amazing.
That is a great looking guitar. You'd probably look kinda strange playing it though . HNGD
My Gear:
Ibanez ART300 electric
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt combo amp
Yamaha FG-130 acoustic

There is no God.
Price?
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
You want that price quote in 2009 dollars or inflation-adjusted for 2016?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!