I wanna make a really mystic song... But I don't know where to begin? Does anyone got some mystic sounding chord progressions and scales?
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
you gotta have a Cmaj7 somewhere in there
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
Quote by billybusa
you gotta have a Cmaj7 somewhere in there

thanks

any more chords/songs guys??
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Isn't the point of writing songs that you come up with your own idea's? Asking for chord progressions of the internet isn't really creative... Or am I not seeing the point?
Sanitarium intro

Delerium - Among the Ruins

Therion - Clavicula Nox; Birth of Venus Illegitima

Listen to lots of Celtic music and some old Led Zeppelin stuff. Also make sure to experiment with various tunings. D Modal (hi to lo: DAGDAD) works really well with the Celtic stuff. Just experiment around. Also, drop-b tuning will get some good deep stuff going. Keep the rest of the strings in standard, but tune the low E down to B. May require a thicker string to compensate for slack. Also, in drop-B, the 2nd fret of the A-string is an octave up from the open B. It's really good for some dark mystical tones. Also use a good bit of Reverb, Delay, and chorus/flanger.

EDIT: Also consider baritone range guitars. Tuned to B-Standard, you can drop it to A for some almost evil tones. Also, don't be afraid to use a little bit of gritty overdrive. not too much, but something to the effect of what is used in Led Zepp's Kashmir. Even up to the intro of Manson's "Be my Vampire" or whatever it's called.
Last edited by [VictorinoX] at Feb 6, 2009,
most of agalloch's stuff is really mystic

check 'em out
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
Lots of minor. Listen to Achilles last stand, great example.
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ