Poll: How do you drive?
Poll Options
View poll results: How do you drive?
I follow all the rules of the road and never make a mistake.(Bullsh[b][b][/b][/b]it)
18 6%
I attempt to do the above but ocassionally I screw up.
193 59%
I don't care about other traffic. Get out of my way.
26 8%
I am not evolved far enough to comprhend the wheel.
30 9%
I'm Italian. Everything is legal if you signal first.
59 18%
Voters: 326.
Page 1 of 4
Are you one of those annoying hemorrhoids that insist on following so close the person in front of you can't even see your headlights?
Or do you prefer hanging out in the passing lane doing 5 under the posted limit?
Perhaps you enjoy texting whilst drifting into oncoming traffic?
Maybe you're so engrossed in your cellphone conversation that you don't see the need to stop for the red light up ahead?

So let's discuss your favorite pet peeves out on the road. And if you are one of
the aforementioned please let us know so we can all brow beat you.

I see a lot of "I just got my permit/licsense" threads so maybe some of
our noob drivers will read this thread and not become a dick.
Poll coming.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I speed a little to much, nothing to excessive though. I also do a little bit of texting, but I try to keep it to a limit or when I'm stoped.
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
I hate that everyone on the freeway feels the need to go 10 over the speed limit. I mean come on, is 65/70 miles an hour not fast enough for you? In the long run, that extra speed isn't even worth the amount of time it saves you, and it ends up making me look like a dick who's holding up traffic for actually following the rules of the road. Don't worry, speedfreaks, I stay out of the passing lane. I'd hate for you assholes to put a ding in my bumper.
Last edited by Glen'sHeroicAct at Feb 6, 2009,
I follow most rules on the road except stupid ones and assume everyone else on the road is retarded.
I don't drive but my Dad seems to have the attitude that everyone on the road is either: a woman, old, or asain and therefore in his opinion stupid and incapable of driving aswell as him. He's fun to be in a car with.
I speed to much.
I hate people who drive too slow.
I hate it when people dont look and pull out infront of you..

Almost got sideswiped by an old man on a roundabout today..
I drive 5-10 MPH over the limit, but I'm cautious and mindful of other drivers. I never tailgate people, and I slow down if conditions are unfavorable.

I seriously have visions of me sideswiping asshole drivers. No one would care if I just nudged their bumper a little, hell they'd probably praise me for it.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
I hate that everyone on the freeway feels the need to go 10 over the speed limit. I mean come on, is 65 miles an hour not fast enough for you? In the long run, that extra speed isn't even worth the amount of time it saves you, and it ends up making me look like a dick who's holding up traffic for actually following the rules of the road. Don't worry, speedfreaks, I stay out of the passing lane. I'd hate for you assholes to put a ding in my bumper.

At least you're not one of those guys that takes it upon themselves to park it in the fast lane and prevent anybody from doing a little over the limit.
Quote by steee21
I follow most rules on the road except stupid ones and assume everyone else on the road is retarded.

What are the "stupid" ones?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
I'm not going to lie, I drive like an idiot a fair amount of the time. Usually I'll stick to about 10 km/h over the limit, but there's some times when I'm almost late for work where I'll be doing 75 in a 50 zone.

I made it to work in 4 minutes yesterday.
signatures are budget.
Quote by Minkaro
"Excuse me ma'am, this is a one way street."

"I'm only going one way!"

Quote by Jackal58
Are you one of those annoying hemorrhoids that insist on following so close the person in front of you can't even see your headlights?

I hate the people who do that so much. One day when I've got one of those guys behind me, I'm just going to slam on the brakes and have him hit my car. According to the law around here, it's his fault then.
Quote by Kenny_Fever
I'm not going to lie, I drive like an idiot a fair amount of the time. Usually I'll stick to about 10 km/h over the limit, but there's some times when I'm almost late for work where I'll be doing 75 in a 50 zone.

I made it to work in 4 minutes yesterday.

Exceeding the speed limit doesn't always make you an idiot. Riding somebodies ass at 70 does though.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
I was born with quite a heavy foot. Can't help that now can I? :p
I try to follow all the traffic rules etc, but you always screw up at times lol. And I don't rlly like completely empty lanes, cause I really can't help myself there. In those cases I WILL speed a little bit sooner or later xD
Quote by Retro Rocker

haha

*wipes tear from eye*
Oh you're good.
I generally drive about 5mph over the limit, as everyone does. Unless there are cameras about.

I like to think I'm a decent driver as well. The only thing that really pisses me off is when you stop at the side of the road to let someone past who's coming the other way (like, when there's only enough space for one car to get through the gap) and they don't wave/flash lights to say thank you. That pisses me off somthing rotten and the people that do it generally get abuse shouted at them and a finger stuck at them.
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
I attempt to do the above (follow the rules etc) but occasionally I screw up, in fact last week i nearly destroyed my moms car im italian too
that said im a good driver
Last edited by swinghead at Feb 6, 2009,
Quote by denizenz
I drive 5-10 MPH over the limit, but I'm cautious and mindful of other drivers. I never tailgate people, and I slow down if conditions are unfavorable.
This is pretty much my driving style, may be a little too quick in familiar surroundings.

I hate people that tail gate you at night down country lanes and then over take on blind corners etc, these people are just retarded, and should probably crash.

I also hate grannies than go at 20mph in a 30 for no apparent reason! You can be charged for going too slow as well as too fast you know!

Heres a peve of recent events in England,

I'm lost, I hate a thin, icy, snowy, wet hill to climb in my car and this d**k head in a van decides to come down the hill while I'm trying to get up and refuses to pull over, so I pull over and let him pass, no thank you or anything, the first hill start I went no where, lukily I reved it like a b*tch and got started on the 2nd attempt but coated my nice white car in mud

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Jackal58
Exceeding the speed limit doesn't always make you an idiot. Riding somebodies ass at 70 does though.

Yeah I stay away from that ****.

I used to race occasionally. When I lived in Peterborough I raced up Water Street a couple times, and got up to about 100 km/h, in a 50 zone. Right past a police station, too.
signatures are budget.
I have no reason to drive - It costs about £5000 to get into in the UK and until you're 30 you'll be paying £1000's more because of the fraudulent insurance system we have. I DID ride a motorbike for a while, but it cost too much and doesn't keep you healthy, so I sold it and went back to cycling.

When I am on the road I try and hold up land-raider (or SUV) drivers as much as possible, simply 'cus they are an arrogant breed who can barely see past their huge noses, let alone their tank-like vehicles. Also, is anyone familiar with the citroen picasso? If there was ever a car purely made for fat ****ers who only ever drive to asda (or walmart...) and back, that is it - they are the scum of the earth, and I am proud to say I yell abuse at every single one I see, ever.

Just 'cus I pick on people with large gas-guzzlers, don't go thinking that ecology is the only reason why I dislike them. The people who drive these monstrosities are emasculated fat guys who work in offices and have to drive an overpriced monstrosity just to feel like a man again - I feel it would be best for all of the world if they were to be gassed. Also, the only people who only truly deserve to drive Land-Raiders are farmers, because they work hard and deserve what they earn.

The only people who will disagree with me will be people who have big fat ****ing rich daddies that they want to defend, and you know it.
Gear;
- B.C. Rich Warbeast Bloodbound
- B.C. Rich NT Zombie 5-String Bass
- BOSS GT-10 Multi Effects TANK!
...In other words, I'm taking a giant dump on fender owners who use pods.
i try to follow the rules of the road as much as possible.

i do go over the speed limit most of the time though. on regular roads i probably average between 5-10 mph over the limit. on the highway im usually about 10-15 mph over the speed limit, maybe more.
depending on where i am going and if there is a time i am supposed to be there at, and if im late or not, i drive either by the rules and polite and ****

or like a complete and total asshole who acts like he owns the road.
Eat my dick cheese.
Quote by decayingdave
I have no reason to drive - It costs about £5000 to get into in the UK and until you're 30 you'll be paying £1000's more because of the fraudulent insurance system we have. I DID ride a motorbike for a while, but it cost too much and doesn't keep you healthy, so I sold it and went back to cycling.

When I am on the road I try and hold up land-raider (or SUV) drivers as much as possible, simply 'cus they are an arrogant breed who can barely see past their huge noses, let alone their tank-like vehicles. Also, is anyone familiar with the citroen picasso? If there was ever a car purely made for fat ****ers who only ever drive to asda (or walmart...) and back, that is it - they are the scum of the earth, and I am proud to say I yell abuse at every single one I see, ever.

Just 'cus I pick on people with large gas-guzzlers, don't go thinking that ecology is the only reason why I dislike them. The people who drive these monstrosities are emasculated fat guys who work in offices and have to drive an overpriced monstrosity just to feel like a man again - I feel it would be best for all of the world if they were to be gassed. Also, the only people who only truly deserve to drive Land-Raiders are farmers, because they work hard and deserve what they earn.

The only people who will disagree with me will be people who have big fat ****ing rich daddies that they want to defend, and you know it.

You sound like an absolute asshole. And no, my Dad isn't fat, isn't an asshole and doesn't have an SUV. But even if he was/did, you'd still be a prick.
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
I try to follow the speed limit, but I normally average 5-15 mph over the speed limit.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by denizenz

I seriously have visions of me sideswiping asshole drivers. No one would care if I just nudged their bumper a little, hell they'd probably praise me for it.

This.

To people who have a problem with those of us who just go a little over the limit without assramming: Would you really rather everyone go the same speed on the highways? You'd almost always be in a huge mashup of cars, and if one person made one false move, they'd wreck everybody. Light speeders keep traffic flowing organically. Or inorganically.
Quote by decayingdave

Oh yeah, because nobody ever carries anything in their SUV, like merchandise or groceries or, God forbid, their children. Go be angry at nothing somewhere else.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Last edited by SteveHouse at Feb 6, 2009,
I think I am a fairly decent driver, I always indicate and usually let people go. But I do go a little bit faster than the speed limit. I hate people who don't indicate on roundabouts especially when means I miss my opportunity to go. If I let someone go and the other person does not signal thank you back I get annoyed. And tailgaters really piss me off, I had one follow me all the way back from work once less than a cars distance away, so I purposely slowed down to 10-15 MPH in a 30, he began flashing me and attempted an overtake but I did not allow that. He had full beam on me after that for the rest of the journey, what a ****.

Old people should not be allowed to drive either.
Quote by SteveHouse
This.

To people who have a problem with those of us who just go a little over the limit without assramming: Would you really rather everyone go the same speed on the highways? You'd almost always be in a huge mashup of cars, and if one person made one false move, they'd wreck everybody. Light speeders keep traffic flowing organically. Or inorganically.

Oh yeah, because nobody ever carries anything in their SUV, like merchandise or groceries or, God forbid, their children. Go be angry at nothing somewhere else.

That's why I never drive sober at night. It fucks up the weave.
I'm kidding.

decayingdave - you need to decay a little faster. You're a twat.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
I picked option 2. I drive carefully but I have made stupid mistakes. (One time a truck with trailer everything signaled it was gonna get in my lane and like an idiot I sped up and passed him)

I hate people who get in my lane without even signaling and when there's just barely a car space between me and the car up front.
Quote by Random88
You sound like an absolute asshole. And no, my Dad isn't fat, isn't an asshole and doesn't have an SUV. But even if he was/did, you'd still be a prick.

Seriously. I don't like SUVs but I don't get angry at them. And believe or not some people have a pratical purpose for driving them.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
I generally drive a motorcycle, so I generally drive pretty carefully, especially since there are so many SUV driving assholes who apparently can't see me half the time.

Quote by thefuzz454
Seriously. I don't like SUVs but I don't get angry at them. And believe or not some people have a pratical purpose for driving them.

A few people do, most people don't.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Feb 6, 2009,
I guess I drive fast but I have not had an accident in the 20 years I've been driving. Last time I was in Canada, I got 3 speeding tickets in the 1 week I was there. Cops are always hiding with a radar gun in some stupid 50km zone. Lucky where I am now they don't enforce any rules. Just yesterday I went flying past the cops over a solid yellow line on a corner, speeding. The thought never really crossed my mind that they would pull me over, they didn't. In fact they didn't even glance over. In Canada it would have been a major problem and huge expense. It has its disadvantages too though, lots of people die here on the roads. That's why I drive a big 4x4 pickup truck. (I have been up on 2 wheels a few times after swerving to avoiding accidents, never been over though, but one time I was perfectly balanced and went over 100mtrs down the shoulder before I came back down...it was a good adrenaline rush).
Last edited by Tempoe at Feb 6, 2009,
Quote by metaldud536
I picked option 2. I drive carefully but I have made stupid mistakes. (One time a truck with trailer everything signaled it was gonna get in my lane and like an idiot I sped up and passed him)

I hate people who get in my lane without even signaling and when there's just barely a car space between me and the driver up front.

How about the guys that pass you. Dive into your lane right in front of you and make a right turn? Damn that burns my ass.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by metaldud536

I hate people who get in my lane without even signaling and when there's just barely a car space between me and the car up front.
Yeah me too. I have a friend that drives like that and he scares the **** out of me sometimes.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by metaldud536

One of my friends has gotten the idea that "fitting" into a space means literally that: his car can physically be placed between the other cars. Riding with him is always "exciting."

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
This.

that mashup is inevitable. Even when people speed, all of the speeders end up grouping together behind people going the speed limit, or they group together when they realize they're already going 15 over and don't want to go any faster. It's pretty annoying, too, because all it takes is 5 seconds of slowing down to move into those large open spaces and eliminate the grouping problem. I'm not one to complain, seeing as I love having that large open space to myself, but it's a shame that so much space is wasted.
I tend to stick to the laws. A lot of my friends are awful drivers. Very rarely indicating and going 50+ through 30 zones. And yet they all claim to be safer drivers than me.
i drive in an overly cautious manner. i rarely go over the speed limit plus 5. i never pass anyone, unless i am on a multiple lane highway. i hardly ever even drive on the highway, unless it is completely necessary.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
I tend to stick to the laws. A lot of my friends are awful drivers. Very rarely indicating and going 50+ through 30 zones. And yet they all claim to be safer drivers than me.

exactly how my life is. my friends mock me for driving like a grandma, but the thing is that i am a much safer driver than any of them.
Last edited by uhh_me? at Feb 6, 2009,
Speed Limits are just a suggestion
"I can make it through there" is the unofficial motto of the driver
Indicating once the corner or roundabout has gone is acceptable
Horns are there for a reason
Manners cost you nothing: if someone lets you through you WILL give them a wave or flash of appreciation.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Last edited by BlackLuster at Feb 6, 2009,
Page 1 of 4