Im going to attempt to make a model of a Dean Razorback
out of clay, but i need to make the neck outta wood, so it doesnt crack n break
cuz..that would be bad

so i was wondering if anyone knew the length and width of the neck on a razor back

any help would be great

{-=-[D-Roc]-=-}
Last edited by [-=-[D-Roc]-=-] at Feb 6, 2009,
depends on which model Razorback you're talking about. I'm using my Touch to reply so whenever I get to a real computer I can give you a better response
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
I know that the 24-fret Razorback V is 25.5 scale inches long.

Still, why the **** are you building a Dean?
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You know what? We ARE convincing him to buy an MG Stack. I mean, who wouldn't want the CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, BRUTAL DISTORTION, BRUTALLY CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, and CRUSHINGLY BRUTAL DISTORTION, with built in digital effects!?
Quote by Flux'D
depends on which model Razorback you're talking about. I'm using my Touch to reply so whenever I get to a real computer I can give you a better response

/Thinly-veiled attempt to show-off new gadget.
Quote by DEADwin
I know that the 24-fret Razorback V is 25.5 scale inches long.

Still, why the **** are you building a Dean?

i personally dont like playing Deans, but i think the Razorbacks look cool
Quote by Horlicks

You've made some good posts here Horlicks, but i can't help but feel that your a massive bell-end.

On topic, the standard RBs are LP scale neck wise, but it's the headstock that makes em look huge.
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
is this gonna be an actuall playable guitar or just a model?
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by f22master
is this gonna be an actuall playable guitar or just a model?

just a model...i need another project to take some time outta the semester
Quote by PCSpeaker
You've made some good posts here Horlicks, but i can't help but feel that your a massive bell-end.

You're fast.
Quote by Horlicks

Haha, sry. I was sitting in the hallway waiting for Calc II to start and saw this post. I wanted the TS to see that I know his post is here and I'll respond when I get online.

Anyways the scale length is 24.75" or 25.5" depending on which model you're talking about. To find the length of the neck to the nut, just measure and mark the scale length from the bridge.

To get the taper of the neck, take the string-span at the bridge (2.125") and the nut width (1.625") and center them along the same straight line. Add a little bit to each side of the lengths and draw a line from one point to the other on each side. Here's the shape of the neck looking down on the guitar. Obviously the neck doesn't extend all the way down to the bridge so you will need to mark off where the neck stops on the guitar.

Also the headstocks change slightly from run to run on the Razorbacks. The earlier models have a slightly smaller headstock but not much. I don't have a picture of a Razorback headstock blown to scale, but I've got a Series II Dean headstock and Washburn's version of it
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]