I want to use some youtube drum covers and make them into drum tracks, whats the best program or way to reduce the music in the background without affecting the drums?

Or a good place to get AFI drum tracks..
Last edited by ldiablo233 at Feb 6, 2009,
Well, if you have Guitar Pro you can use the drum track from there and just remove all the other instruments (as long as the tempo change isnt marked on another track). Then you could export it as a MIDI or WAV file. It wouldn't sound real but it would get the job done.
Ya I use guitar pro for them usually but I was looking to get it a bit more realistic.
you could find a good cover on youtube and use zamzar to download the file
I can get the audio from it, its extracting the drums off the music. I've heard girls not grey on youtube which had each seperate track extracted, vocals, drums,bass, guitar so I know theres programs that can extract instruments from music I would just geuss it would be a EQ board in a studio thats used beucase it has a wide array of frequencys.
set the sound card to record internal sounds.
open audacity/reaper/whatever.
hit record
hit play on youtube.
done
I can record it using goldwave. Isn't there any type of like digital EQ program? I'd think if they can make like a 8 part EQ in goldwave and WMP they can make one thats like a studio one....
Long story short... it cant be done.

and yes, there are digital EQs, but they dont extract drums from a signal.
Quote by TheDriller
Long story short... it cant be done.

and yes, there are digital EQs, but they dont extract drums from a signal.

couldn't it extract it given you cancel out the higher frequencies? I know it would take a big EQ board, but some of the youtube instrumentals have been done by normal people, not studio tracks.
Last edited by ldiablo233 at Feb 7, 2009,
Quote by ldiablo233
couldn't it extract it given you cancel out the higher frequencies? I know it would take a big EQ board, but some of the youtube instrumentals have been done by normal people, not studio tracks.

Nope, drums cover the entire frequency spectrum and since you'll have bass and some guitar in the lower frequency ranges this isn't something you can do with EQ. And stop assuming that someone has actually done this, they haven't. More probably they've found backing track made by someone, or made them from scratch themselves. There is really only one way to remove/extract something from a stereo audio file and that's using phase cancellation. That will only work on certain material though and will never work on drums since they are mixed across the stereo spectrum.
Confirmed!

lol, but yeah, I know you say you have used the Guitar Pro ones before, but have you actually exported the MIDI? Because you could export the MIDI files into a sequencer and then have them trigger a more realistic sounding drum kit, such as EZDrummer or even the free MyDrumset plugin.
There is poetry in despair.