Well their goes buying a new guitar for another semester. Economy is bad and one book alone costs 170.
LOL
...Is it made of gold or something?

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
Yep, my four books went for about $350, and I'm just at community college.

And two of them were used.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Wow awesome price, did you get a discount.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
I spent over $200 alone on my Japanese books. It's funny when you try to sell them back at the end of the semester and they give you all of $15 for them.

Quit complaining it's part of the college experience.
why are they so expensive?
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
Quote by Gigatiran
I spent over $200 alone on my Japanese books. It's funny when you try to sell them back at the end of the semester and they give you all of $15 for them.

Quit complaining it's part of the college experience.
Complaining about the price of books is also part of the college experience.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
enjoy college...
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
Oh stop your whining...I paid $500 for my first quarter books because the school didn't notify us in time to buy them from used bookstore or online...

I'm pretty sure that your 250 dollars worth is nothing compared to most of our expenses...

-TFA
Quote by SiKh22
thanks for the site, checking it out right now.

Basically it's a huge database that links you to different online bookstores or private sellers.

From that website I bought stuff from Alibris.com and Bookbyte.com
Quote by TyrsFromAbove37
Oh stop your whining...I paid $500 for my first quarter books because the school didn't notify us in time to buy them from used bookstore or online...

I'm pretty sure that your 250 dollars worth is nothing compared to most of our expenses...

-TFA

Dude, that's just TWO of the FOUR books, the other sections on the bookstore website for my course isn't updated yet.
LOL
Quote by element4433
Complaining about the price of books is also part of the college experience.

Also so true!!!
I spent $500 dollars for five classes and picked up to two books on Logic Pro for another $100.

Education ftw/ftl!
Yeah steal em. Or check half.com
Quote by crazy8rgood

Oh, look at those naughty waffles and their banana's...

*fapfapfapfapfap*

(if this is against the rules, I'll take it down.)
I paid $120 for a used Thermodynamics book that I will use for only one quarter.
Just thank god that you aren't going to Harvard and you have to pay for it yourself :P
(Is that even possible)
get used to it, chances are if theyre new you wont find the torrents/ used
ive spent i think over 2 thousand already on school stuff (mainly books but clickers and such too)
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Quote by hyroglyph!c
get used to it, chances are if theyre new you wont find the torrents/ used
ive spent i think over 2 thousand already on school stuff (mainly books but clickers and such too)

Clickers are lame. I've owned three different ones, I wonder why the can't settle on some standards. They all do essentially the same thing.
internet

i would have spent about $600 on books this semester, and i managed to cut it back to about $350-400 using amazon and ebay. don't buy books from the school bookstore. at least not the really expensive ones. i found my Geology book on amazon brand new for $60 and the school bookstore was asking $120 for it. its a huge ripoff.

oh and be glad you only need 4 books. i needed 8 for one class this semester. i think my total book count for this semester is about 17-18.

luckily most of them aren't "textbooks" so they are more reasonably priced. oh the joy of being a history major. but really, i do love my major. it just requires a TON of reading.
Quote by daytripper75
internet

i would have spent about $600 on books this semester, and i managed to cut it back to about $350-400 using amazon and ebay. don't buy books from the school bookstore. at least not the really expensive ones. i found my Geology book on amazon brand new for $60 and the school bookstore was asking $120 for it. its a huge ripoff.

The only reason I buy my books from the university bookstore is because the profits go directly to my school and not to a mega-corporation.

Needless to say the University of Arizona along with two other Arizonan universities just got $145 million dollars in budget cuts, they need all the help they can get. Damn economy.
steal em

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

i have probably 700 dollars worth of books on my desk right now. there are only four books there.

damn it. i understand your pain, but the badass job you'll get for going through these books will make it all worth it.

unless youre going to be a teacher. then your ****ed.
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
I wish I had money to even go to college.

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
Quote by LedDaveZeppelin
I wish I had money to even go to college.

Apply for financial aid. As long as your parents aren't extremely wealthy you'll probably get something.

The idea is that the government invests in your future and you become a productive member of society.