Okay, i'm two months into guitar nad i feel ive excelled in finger style picking. i can pick songs with my fingers like def cab-ill follow you into the dark and similar level stuff, but when it comes to strumming i cant even do the simplest of strumming patterns without a pick. but i cant pick with a pick( if you get what a mean

so i can only play single strings with my fingers and i can only strumwith a pic.

Will it just click eventually or is there any real method in fingerstlye strumming?
thumb pick?
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
It'll just come to you. Remember to use your nails of your fingers with a downstrum and the nail of your thumb with an upstrum. Start with some basic "1 and 2 and 3 and 4" patterns, eventually spicing it up with a sort of "1 and a 2 and 3 and 4 and a..".
It just all comes natural. I suggest some Stevie Ray Vaughn, The Doors, and Dire Straits.
Cheers, thats encouriging.
I'll keep practicing and look up the suggested bands.
thanks for all your help.
Practice with both. Its hard at first, but you get the hang of it. I would also recommend (not sure what its called) playing with a pick but then using your middle, ring, and pinky fingers for finger picking. I guess a hybrid of the two... That way you can get that awesome finger picking sound and a fully pick strum. That, I find, is harder, but once you get it down its really useful.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards