I've never traded in any equipment, so I was wondering, if I trade in an amp, would I then be able to get an amp of same price without paying much (if not any) more?
Depends on where you trade it.

Most places will screw you over and give you FAR less than what you payed for it in the first place.
Remember the shop needs to make profit on it when they resell, and second hand items always sell for less. If you get a store credit then you usually get more for the trade, but not all shops will.
Plus if they already have three used spider 3's they might not even want it. You could try to sell your stuff outright and probably get more $ for it.
Quote by cranium2001
Plus if they already have three used spider 3's they might not even want it. You could try to sell your stuff outright and probably get more $ for it.

Ok, well I was gonna see how much they'd give me when I go up to GC soon (me and my friend are having our birthdays soon and were planning on taking a trip there) so if they don't give me more than I expect to get selling, then I'll put it on ebay or something.
Yeah. Sell private and if its decent gear you should get a fair price. I see most of the small shops couldn't compete with the flashy stores that only sell cheap rubbish.
But if you are talking about that Line 6 then find your own mug who'll give you too much for it.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Yeah, if you can be patient and take your time (unlike me) you can save yourself more money or get more $ and maybe something better than you planned.
Quote by Alex Vik
I've never traded in any equipment, so I was wondering, if I trade in an amp, would I then be able to get an amp of same price without paying much (if not any) more?

Depends most of the time they will only give you half of what you paid for it
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Depends most of the time they will only give you half of what you paid for it

I'll get half of nothing? It was a gift, so I'll be profiting no matter what.
Quote by Alex Vik
I'll get half of nothing? It was a gift, so I'll be profiting no matter what.

Oh ok in that case go for it if you like their price.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Lethal Dosage

Oh ok in that case go for it if you like their price.

Well, I'm only doing it to upgrade, so I'll need to have enough to get a new amp, even if it means needing $20 more dollars or so.