My friend Jacob gave me his boss pedal, but he told me he snipped a "small pill-like" thing and he lost it. Obviously a resistor. How can I...

1. Identify the snipped resistor? It's connection was labeled on the circuit board R7.

Like so

•-_____-•
^ R7
Dotted line represents snipped resistor.

2. Get another one.
THNX
DIO FOREVER
Last edited by 60CycleHum at Feb 6, 2009,
You should be able to see where he snipped it out. I'd just do a visual on that. As for a replacement, you'll need to scrounge around and find a schematic, then just replace it with the original value. Or, you could try and map out what it's function is and use a best guess approach. My guess is that a resistor with the labeling R7 is likely early on and you could likely trace to it quickest from the input jack. Just a thought...

The resistor at R7 has the following bands: brown, black, orange, gold.

The first stripe is brown which has a value of 1. The second stripe is black which has a value of 0. Therefore the first two digits of the resistance value are 10.
The third stripe is orange which means x 1,000.
The value of the resistance is found as 10 x 1000 = 10,000 ohms (10 kilohms = 10 kohms).

The gold stripe means the actual value of the resistor mar vary by 5% meaning the actual value will be somewhere between 9,500 ohms and 10,500 ohms.

Hope this helps.
By the way, there are tons of SD-1 mods available on the web just do a search for Boss SD-1 Mods.