Hello fellow UGers.. I'v recently started upgrading an Ibanez GRG270 DX iv had for a while..i'v changed the bridge pickup to a dimarzio Super distortion (sweet ) and the neck to a PAF Pro. Also the frets have been changed to dunlop accufret Jumbos(mediums were the ones it came with)

I'v been playing for bout 7 years now and am pretty familier with various setup issues..but this one seems to be new to me

i'v lowered the action from the bridge to as low as it can get... (it wont rotate anymore) but yet it does'nt seem as low as i would have liked it to be. I have'nt measured it accurately but i'd say its bout 1.3 mm at the 12th fret.

There is absolutely no buzz anywhere... and iv seen these guitars get a lower action with some more left in the bridge.

1)could this be a truss issue? (looks fairly straight)

2)is there any other setting im not aware of?
please let me know ASAP
and thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Set up:-
Kustom Sound 40W Guitar Amp
Marshall MG15 CD
Zoom 707 II (surprisingly good..)
VOX Tonelab ST
Jackson DK2M (Seymour duncan TB4 and the SD jazz)
1.3mm seems a wee bit too low, but then again I haven't really measured mine. But, I'm guessing you won't get any lower than that, and that's really low as it is. I think one of the best things you can do is just to get used to it.

Just a note, the guitar neck should have a bit of relief on it, it shouldn't be perfectly straight. Someone told me that but I can't remember who.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
^ i agree with you bout the relief thing. it might be 1.5mm too..aint sure,just a rough estimate..it does have a slight relief on it.. Guess im just too used to my other RG which goes pretty low.

Maybe someone here might be a setup guru
Marshall MG15 CD
VOX Tonelab ST
Quote by Lil Macker
1.3mm seems a wee bit too low, but then again I haven't really measured mine. But, I'm guessing you won't get any lower than that, and that's really low as it is. I think one of the best things you can do is just to get used to it.

Just a note, the guitar neck should have a bit of relief on it, it shouldn't be perfectly straight. Someone told me that but I can't remember who.

Yeah I would just get used to it Im not sure why it would do that though.

Defintley your neck needs a little relief to it I dont think any neck ever should be perfectly straight.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
^ apart from the pick guard, is there any difference between the RG350 and the RG370?
Marshall MG15 CD
VOX Tonelab ST
Quote by Aditya
^ apart from the pick guard, is there any difference between the RG350 and the RG370?

That and the color Im pretty sure the 350 only comes in white with black hardware.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor