http://8tracks.com/Firenze/firenzes-ug-feb-6-2009-mix

Here's my Metal Radio thing for the week. The tracks I've got up are:

Embers - Heroin (Crust Punk/Doom Metal)
The Weeping Willow - Deflowered (Death Metal)
Samael - Baphomet's Throne (2nd Wave Black Metal)
Black Lotus - Helios Amaranthine (Symphonic Black Metal)
Graveyard Rodeo - Cell XIII (Sludge/Hardcore)
Eluveitie - Primordial Breath (Celtic/Folk Metal)
The Black - Death's Crown (Black Metal)
Torture Squad - The Beast Within (Deathrash)

I decided to mix it up for my first playlist, this is just a few bands that I really got into that I think are criminally underrated. Embers is a crust/blackened doom band from California, they're pretty good to chill out to. The Weeping Willow is the first Death Metal band from Lebanon, Deflowered was their first single. Baphomet's Throne is just awesome, if you don't listen to Samael, I hope this will convert you. Black Lotus is a pretty cool band, very much in the vein of Vintersorg's older material but with a bit of symphony. Graveyard Rodeo is an oldschool band, they're hardcore influenced sludge, the song I picked out is pretty cool, some nice riffs with lots of sampling. Eluveitie are an AWESOME Folk Metal band that you should definitely check out if you haven't already, Primordial Breath is off their latest album, Slania. The Black are a side project of a couple of guys from Vinterland, and Torture Squad are an INTENSE Deathrash band from Brazil.

Enjoy

FEB 13 Psychopathology
FEB 20 VampireGoldfish
FEB 27 Scourge441
MAR 6 duncang
MAR 13 MHDrunk
MAR 20 MetalMessiah665
MAR 27 Ramseus
APR 3 webbtje
APR 10 destroy_techno
APR 17 \Powerslave/
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Last edited by Firenze at Feb 6, 2009,
Samael, cool.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Embers was some really cool stuff I've never heard of before, other standouts for me were Samael and Torture Squad - good radio
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
If you want the link for Embers just let me know

I knew people would appreciate Samael. *phew* My work here is done.
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Yeah I definitely wouldn't mind hearing some more embers man
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by MHDrunk
Yeah I definitely wouldn't mind hearing some more embers man

Sent
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Weeping Willow wasn't too bad, hopefully some sort of scene further develops in Lebanon.

Could I snatch up the April 16th spot?
Snyper would be the man to ask.

Weeping Willow is, as far as I know, the only recording Death Metal band from Lebanon. The rest are all either Black or really crappy Doom. The recording on Deflowered isn't amazing, but the stuff from their third album, The 3rd Portal has some pretty ace recording.
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live