Just had a simple idea for a cheap wireless daw controller that works great!

I had an old Logitech MX3000 Laser Keyboard + mse lying about that i havent used for years.

Despite the fact that you can use it with the cubase shortcuts etc while sitting at the other end of the room is cool enough, but I have also assigned some of the buttons to cubase keyboard shortcuts and put nice little transport + mute/record enable/ solo stickers.

I'm sorry if this is something that everyone does already - but i think it bloody well rocks!!!!!!

Though its useful enough as it is, I'm gonna talk to some programmers who owe me a favour or two to see if they can write something that will let me use the volume knob as a jog wheel and the and the little scroll bar thingy to the left of the keyboard as a fader.

*cuthbertg takes on mackie with his dodgy old keyboard*

EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Quote by cuthbertg

Just had a simple idea for a cheap wireless daw controller that works great!

I had an old Logitech MX3000 Laser Keyboard + mse lying about that i havent used for years.

Despite the fact that you can use it with the cubase shortcuts etc while sitting at the other end of the room is cool enough, but I have also assigned some of the buttons to cubase keyboard shortcuts and put nice little transport + mute/record enable/ solo stickers.

I'm sorry if this is something that everyone does already - but i think it bloody well rocks!!!!!!

Though its useful enough as it is, I'm gonna talk to some programmers who owe me a favour or two to see if they can write something that will let me use the volume knob as a jog wheel and the and the little scroll bar thingy to the left of the keyboard as a fader.

*cuthbertg takes on mackie with his dodgy old keyboard*

Great idea using a wireless mouse and keyboard as a control surface.

I have a wireless mouse but it only worked in a range of a few feet...I like my new Logitech illuminated keyboard which is wired so that's staying lol

At $200, the Frontier Designs Tranzport isn't a bad choice if you have a large room and don't want to walk around all day tracking everything. Some of the guys at the Studio-Central board say it works great although it does have its limits.