I was playing my guitar (It's a ValveKing) and I heard a crackling noise all of a sudden. I thought it was my cable so I checked it and it was fine. I think something might have happened with the tubes? I don't think this because I got it during the end of December. These are all stock valves, by the way.
Did the noise go away right after it happened,or is it a constant crackling?

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by dantheguitarist
I was playing my guitar (It's a ValveKing) and I heard a crackling noise all of a sudden. I thought it was my cable so I checked it and it was fine. I think something might have happened with the tubes? I don't think this because I got it during the end of December. These are all stock valves, by the way.

The bold is my LOL WHAT? text

Anyway does it work fine now or not? Amps tend to crackle on occasion especially when you touch the cable or your guitar isnt grounded correctly.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Lethal Dosage
The bold is my LOL WHAT? text

Anyway does it work fine now or not? Amps tend to crackle on occasion especially when you touch the cable or your guitar isnt grounded correctly.

Well, the volume went down (along with the distortion), but I probably hit my volume knob or something. About the ValveKing thing.
The noise went away after about 7-10 seconds I think.
So it is working fine now?
if not take it to the valveking threads, they know pretty much everything there is to know in there
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by dantheguitarist
Well, the volume went down (along with the distortion), but I probably hit my volume knob or something. About the ValveKing thing.
The noise went away after about 7-10 seconds I think.

You should be fine but yeah I would ask the valveking thread to be sure. I broke the distortion on my peavey cause I dropped it by accident while it was on. Its a story dont ask
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Lethal Dosage
You should be fine but yeah I would ask the valveking thread to be sure. I broke the distortion on my peavey cause I dropped it by accident while it was on. Its a story dont ask

I did the same thing with my Peavey,except mine is a JSX combo,and when I dropped it the distortion didn't break,my foot did.Goddamn 90 pound tube amps and their foot crushing ways!

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
I did the same thing with my Peavey,except mine is a JSX combo,and when I dropped it the distortion didn't break,my foot did.Goddamn 90 pound tube amps and their foot crushing ways!

Well basically what happened is I was tilting it up cause it was kinda dark in my basement and I was trying to adjust my settings cause my dad dabbles in guitar and he messes with my settings ALOT . Anyway the amp slipped out of my hand made a loud noise and now it sounds like crap on the lead channel.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
I wouldn't worry if it has only happened once. If it keeps happening try your guitar in another known working amp and cable. If you still get the problem then it will be down to your guitar. If it plays fine then it is your amp or cable that has the problem.
Quote by Lethal Dosage

Well basically what happened is I was tilting it up cause it was kinda dark in my basement and I was trying to adjust my settings cause my dad dabbles in guitar and he messes with my settings ALOT . Anyway the amp slipped out of my hand made a loud noise and now it sounds like crap on the lead channel.

I absolutely hate when another guitarist messes with my settings.I'll just get them dialed in after days of trial and error then someone comes in and scoops the mids and I want to kill them.I was moving my gear out of my music room because it needed to be cleaned out and rearranged.While I was lugging the 90 pound monster of it's stand the stand collapsed (never trust a 20 dollar amp stand) and the amp landed squarely on the top of my foot,breaking 2 bones and bruising it in the process.I've since upgraded the amp stand and now I hobble around with a rubbish cast on my foot.

OK so it's fine now? Or is it messed up still?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.