Page 1 of 5
So I was sitting in Wendy's today in a particularly rough neighborhood and this came to my mind. I thought to myself, "If someone were to come in here and tell me that either I would be the sole person to walk out of this place alive or I die and save everyone else in there, what would I do?"

I know it's kind of hard to make a decision outside of actually being in that situation, but I just don't know if I would sacrifice myself for the other 25 people who I don't even know. Is this being selfish or would you let the others die too? If so, how many people would it take for you to give in and save them?
Quote by lespaul#1
Why is my hand so attracted to my penis?
Good thread this. I like the way you told the story too, this could be a classic! Ahah.

I can't answer it right now.
...So you'd be happy to live knowing you'd sent 25 other people to their deaths?

Poll?
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
I'd be selfish, its not nice but you know, realisticly, I wouldnt do it
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
It depends, i mean being there changes it all drastically.

Id have to look deep into their eyes and see that they want to live, then fight with person whose making me make the decision :P if you';re choosing to die, might aswel fight to live :P
Quote by jaffawoman
...So you'd be happy to live knowing you'd sent 25 other people to their deaths?

Poll?

You didnt send them to their deaths. It was whoever killed them.
I wouldn't and I wouldn't want people I know do that...
i would give my life to save 25 people better chance that the 25 will actually do good with their lives instead of just me
Quote by Cobra Strike
Uhm. I wouldn't give my life to save anyone I don't know.

+1 i actually don't care much for people i don't know :s
Quote by Cobra Strike
You didnt send them to their deaths. It was whoever killed them.

But you were given the choice, you or them.
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

better question, would you sacrifice 25 random people that you'll never even see for your dream guitar?
I wouldn't save 25 people I don't know even if I didn't have to give my own life
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
no i wouldnt, im too young and good looking
Sig space available, give me some praise
i'm better than 25 randos. i'd let em die
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I hate that...actually I just hate anyone under the age of 16

Quote by RockGuitar92
Just get it cut a little. It will grow back. Besides why is it so important to look metal? That's just retarded.

Gear in profile
Quote by hayan
I wouldn't and I wouldn't want people I know do that...

That's a bit counter-productive.

I wouldn't listen to a murderer, there would be know way to tell if he was lying or not.
Quote by Killmatic
So I was sitting in Wendy's today in a particularly rough neighborhood and this came to my mind. I thought to myself, "If someone were to come in here and tell me that either I would be the sole person to walk out of this place alive or I die and save everyone else in there, what would I do?"

I know it's kind of hard to make a decision outside of actually being in that situation, but I just don't know if I would sacrifice myself for the other 25 people who I don't even know. Is this being selfish or would you let the others die too? If so, how many people would it take for you to give in and save them?

get panic and run away from the place, that dude who walked up on you is clearly sick
I'd have to get to know each and every one of them before making a decision if I'm perfectly honest. I can always imagine in these situations being among the people that would die and begging the person to know who they'd be killing if he decided to save themself instead of us.
Quote by KeepOnRotting
And that choice would easily be me.

Fair enough, I'm not trying to change your mind, but I know I'd never forgive myself if I chose myself over 25 other people.

I know where Im going when I die. A big percentage of the 25 might not be going in that direction. Id let them live.
I'd make sure everyone survives before I die, then I take out my uzi and shoot that ****er in the head.
DeVillains!
Honestly, I wouldn't. I know that may sound bad, but if you're in a life or death situation and you have the opportunity to live, you have to take that way. That way you will realize where you are in life and see if you are taking it for granted or not.
ERADICATE THIS DISEASE

Because it's killing me.
Quote by jaffawoman
But you were given the choice, you or them.

But the fukker who is giveing you the choice should burn in hell. You arent killing them. Doesnt matter what choice you make.
Quote by jaffawoman

Poll?

Would I be happy if I knew that I sent 25 to their death? Of course not. But would I be happy to be alive? **** yeah I would be.

I'm guessing you would be the martyr or at least you think you would be.
Quote by lespaul#1
You can never actually make a decision on this kind of thing until you're actually there. Those who say "hell yeah, i'd do it to make another 25 people live decent lives" often have no idea about what is going on, and those who say "no, i'd rather save myself" have never seen the terror and life force in other people's eyes.

not saying that i have, but that's just my two cents
Quote by the fendernator
A poll would be welcome moderators

Can I edit the original and put one in there?
Quote by lespaul#1
hmm it's a hard question.. I think I would save those people but you never really know..
~And the raindrops in the cars

Keep on falling from off the bars

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
Theres been a thread like this before, and yes without doubt, im not so arrogant that i think im worth more than 25 people
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Page 1 of 5