I'm thinking about getting a tat soon but I want it to mean something, and the only thing I can think of is something that represents being humble.
But Alas!
I don't know of any animals/symbols that would represent humility. I don't like the cliche' Bible verse tatoos but there is one verse that states "he who exalts himself shall be humbled, and he who humbles himself shall be exalted."
so I basically want something that means that more or less but in a different form, something that would make people ask "what does your tat mean/represent?"
Any help is appreciated.
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Not trying to criticize your tattoo idea or anything, but when people look at a tattoo like that, they'll most likely say, "Ooh, he's saying that he who exalts himself shall be humbled, and he who humbles himself shall be exalted," not, "Ooh, I have absolutely no idea what this could mean... please explain."
That being said, there is a tattoo/body piercing thread you might want to look into. The people there are probably more knowledgeable about stuff like that
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by SG_dave
that's rather ironic...
declaring oneself humble is quite the opposite of being humble i do believe, correct me if i'm wrong.

It wouldn't be a declaration tatoo, but one that would remind me to stay humble when I look at it.
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
Get a tattoo that we tell you because we tell you it means something to you becuase you don't know what you actually want.

Nice.

TRIBAL ARMBAND FTW!!
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Yeah I forgot about the body modification thread, they might be helpful.
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
yeah thats a stupid idea to begin with. dont declare yourself humble. dont ask a guitar forum for help either, thats equally stupid. i have plenty of tattoos, but they are all original ideas, be creative.
THE PEAR!

/thread
Yoda i be!

Quote by lzrdsixsix6
its so much funner doing it with friends tho...........like masturbation

Quote by GrayFoxz
With your post, the pit has its rightful name - the pit, the most lowest place on earth, after a 100 feet of earth and 200 feet of sh|t .
Get a tat of your face with a huge smile and a little speech bubble that says "I'm ****ing badass"

That is the true essence of humility.

or this:

Quote by Tao Te Ching
The Master views the parts with compassion,
because he understands the whole.
His constant practice is humility.
He doesn't glitter like a jewel
but lets himself be shaped by the Tao,
as rugged and common as stone.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Last edited by Seryaph at Feb 6, 2009,
Quote by Seryaph
Get a tat of your face with a huge smile and a little speech bubble that says "I'm ****ing badass"

This!!
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
Quote by Seryaph

or this:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
if you have to remind yourself to be humble it's obviously not one of your most prominent characteristics.

don't lie to yourself.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Body Mod thread.
Would also healp if you could spell.

t-a-t-t-o-o.

Tattoo
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Panda bear on the back of your leg
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
If you want a tattoo which means something how can someone else tell you what it is?

If you don't know it then it doesn't meant anything to you, fucktard.