I need some help adjusting my edge zero. I used to have regular 9's on it. But I just changed them to 10-52s. Now it's very stiff. I have to bring the bar all the way to the body to get a full dive. And there's a lot resistance. I know I should take out 1 of the springs, but there's only space for 2. So if I take 1 out, it won't be balanced. I don't know if that's important, but do I take out the one on top the one on the bottom.
Last edited by JELIFISH19 at Feb 6, 2009,
Quote by JELIFISH19
I need some help adjusting my edge zero.  I used to have regular 9's on it.  But I just changed them to 10-52s.  Now it's very stiff.  I have to bring the bar all the way to the body to get a full dive.  And there's a lot resistance.  I know I should take out 1 of the springs, but there's only space for 2.  So if I take 1 out, it won't be balanced.  I don't know if that's important, but do I take out the one on top the one on the bottom.

Did you find out why it was so stiff?
Trems require a balancing act, and part of that is string gauge. I don't own any FR system (like the Edge), but when you change a string gauge, you must do a full setup since  you've changed the balance. It's part of owning a guitar with that type of bridge.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
I have a Zero Edge II on my RG6PMCLTD - without the ZP3 installed, it just feels stiff to divebomb (compared to my old Lo Pro on my JS1000, but I owned that over 10 years ago). I'm using .009-.042, set up as factory... intonation is perfect, action is fine (would like a tiny bit lower, but hey-ho)...
Also, when pulling up, there is a small metallic 'click' from the trem arm hole. Goes away if I tighten the arm retainer screw (but then the arm is pretty much stuck in place)... can't put tape around the trem arm bit, as the hole is very tight to go in... any ideas?
With the ZPS, it's going to feel stiff compared to the regular edge variants. If you didn't adjust the balance point after changing string gauge, the trem will be angled back. Believe Ibanez has guides on how to get it correctly leveled.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs