Page 1 of 3
For Christmas I got a Bronze Warlock. Seriously. I told my parents I wanted a Dean Razorback DB (as there was a %0 chance of getting the $1200 version), mostly for the shape. So yesterday I said "You know, I really didn't want that guitar, I wanted that other Razorback". So my mom said "I know, but do you know what Dimebag Razorback means?" Playing innocent I said "It's the guy who designed it's name and the model"

Of course, I knew that they knew. So she says "Well, it didn't occur to me, but your dad said that dimebag is a measurement of drugs, and razorback is what they line them up with like on a table, you know?" So I says "So, what does it matter what it's called"

"It's the fact the name means that, so we didn't get it."

"It was only $50 more than the one I got, and the one I did get was a Warlock - a person that does magic and sorcery, things that are against the Bible."

Needless to say, it didn't help, and I didn't get the guitar. I just think that's a retarded reason not to get a new one. Has something like this or anything else (not having to do with money) happened to anyone where they couldn't get new gear?
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
To be honest, both companies are pretty much crap in the $200 range.

I would take the BC Rich over the Dimebag though, as Deans tend to be a bit crappier(to the point Dean Zelinsky himself left Dean to make a new company). But yes, it is a dumb reason.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
lol

I never knew that before. I would've told them "No, it's named that because it's creator's name is Darell Dimebag, and Razorback sounds cool, although it's just the name of a pig".
Last edited by Alex Vik at Feb 6, 2009,
Honestly, shotty reason for not getting you the guitar you wanted, but at the same time.... they just bought you a guitar. If your want a specific one you should have bought it yourself. Be glad your parents can buy you a guitar in the first place.
The religious myth is the most powerful device ever created, and serves as the psychological soil upon which other myths can flourish.
your mom's a douche
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I hate that...actually I just hate anyone under the age of 16

Quote by RockGuitar92
Just get it cut a little. It will grow back. Besides why is it so important to look metal? That's just retarded.

Gear in profile
get a schecter hellraiser. much nicer.

i agree with that dood up there ^

i have to buy my own guitar stuff. on a crappy wage aswell.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

You really think you can just bend your parents to your will at any given moment with any crappy argument you pull outta your ass? God, I'd have been backhanded as a child if I ever tried to pull that ****.
That's silly. How old are you?

I'd just put the guilt on your parents for thinking that you'd be involved with drugs and you thought that they knew you better then that or something...lay the guilt down
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
I didnt have anything planned out, and I didn't know **** about improvising, so it was like "OH SHI- SOLO TIME" so I kerry-kinged it.
stupid reason for sure, but seriously, get over man. you did get a new guitar that you didn't have to pay for. Plus, you're from Arkansas, right? Will your parents let you go to college there, or are they too afraid because the mascot is a drug reference?
"Your just a monkey in a monkey suit, aww yeah!"-Piebald "Long Nights"
+1000

That's getting sigged.

On second thought, no it isn't. Sorry.
Last edited by [VictorinoX] at Feb 6, 2009,
Quote by Alex Vik
lol

I never knew that before. I would've told them "No, it's named that because it's creator's name is Darell Dimebag, and Razorback sounds cool, although it's just the name of a pig".

Darrell Dimebag? u mean Dimebag Darrell

that story is absoutely the stupidest thing i have heard today, and i live in michigan, so thats saying something
Quote by JELIFISH19
I bet you can't play Grand Theft Auto too. Just start buying your own stuff.

Kinda hard for a 14 year old kid to be getting GTA. She doesn't know I've played it at other people's houses, but don't anymore, because it accomplishes less than a midget weighs. I don't find it entertaining or interesting at all, either.

I do buy my own stuff, this was for Christmas.

They have to order it, though, and would get REALLY mad if I ordered it at a friends house, then took it home.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
You sound like a spoiled brat. They could have easily bought you no Guitar at all, but you insist on complaining that they didn't get you the one you so dearly wanted.

Want it that bad? get a Job.
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
maybe he is in with drugs. who knows.

theres drugs everywhere in the world today.

and that part is true, a razorback is used in drugs, and a dimebag is what you stash your cash/drugs in.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Brian 1.0
That's silly. How old are you?

He's 14.

My suggestion is this.

1. Sell Warlock
2. Buy Razorback
3. ????
4. Profit!

Quote by stringsquealer
Darrell Dimebag? u mean Dimebag Darrell

Meh, not a big Pantera fan.
If I were your parents, I'd take the guitar and donate it to an orphanage to kids who appreciate. You are a spoiled little turd. And you probably suck at playing guitar.
Quote by Alex Vik
lol

lmao
Quote by MrOtter
stupid reason for sure, but seriously, get over man. you did get a new guitar that you didn't have to pay for. Plus, you're from Arkansas, right? Will your parents let you go to college there, or are they too afraid because the mascot is a drug reference?

I was actually about to say it was because he lived in Arkansas, but didn't think she'd buy it because it was associated with Dimebag.

To the other people, I'm not complaining as much as you think, because the Warlock's better than my Ibanez, and it's not 22.5 scale like my Ibanez. I'm actually happy I got it, and thought UG might want to hear this and tell of their stories like this.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
Quote by Bling Dogg
lmao

Meh, not a big Pantera fan.

And to all those calling him a spoiled brat, wouldn't you be a little ticked if you asked for a Les Paul and got a Stratocaster that was a little more expensive, because "Les Paul smoked" or something (btw, I dunno if that's true or not, just making stuff up for an example).
What a whiney little spoiled tosser.

My parents never bought me my first crappy $100 electric and that's it. Bought everything else myself.

I seriously hope you grow up and pull your head out of your ass sometime soon.
well, we don't, because we don't bitch and complain when we don't get our way. I think I can say with a measure of accuracy that we just suck it up and move on. You should do the same. Meanwhile, use the Warlock's sharp points to cut your wrists if it becomes too much to bear
Quote by enselmis
lol, get a job noob. I haz job, since december, im 14, i got a PRS, so suck on that

lolnoob, i got 10 guitars from my job. 10 squier strats, all different colurs

At least, I hope that was a joke post.
Quote by NorCalLos
If I were your parents, I'd take the guitar and donate it to an orphanage to kids who appreciate. You are a spoiled little turd. And you probably suck at playing guitar.

Again, where did I say I didn't appreciate the guitar? I am happy that I at least got it, but figured I might try my luck at getting the one I wanted. I am not, spoiled, far from it (compared to most people from this area), and don't suck at playing guitar. I am self taught for a year and I'm better than the only kid in our school who has had lessons for nearly three years.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
And noone has pointed out that BC's have BDSM pickups? Google that and see what you get.
Quote by Black-Metal
you sir, are my favourite american

When god gives you lemons, YOU FIND A NEW GOD!
Quote by guitarmaniac88
I was actually about to say it was because he lived in Arkansas, but didn't think she'd buy it because it was associated with Dimebag.

To the other people, I'm not complaining as much as you think, because the Warlock's better than my Ibanez, and it's not 22.5 scale like my Ibanez. I'm actually happy I got it, and thought UG might want to hear this and tell of their stories like this.

No, you're a spoiled little shit

Also I would be over the moon if my Mum bought me a Strat, I prefair them to Les Pauls. I'd be amazed if my Dad gave me over £40 for Christmas.
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Quote by Kahn89
And noone has pointed out that BC's have BDSM pickups? Google that and see what you get.

Awesome argument against the parents.

Quote by benjy118
Also I would be over the moon if my Mum bought me a Strat, I prefair them to Les Pauls. I'd be amazed if my Dad gave me over £40 for Christmas.

It was an example. I was gonna say LP instead of Strat, but decided not to.
Quote by guitarmaniac88
I am self taught for a year and I'm better than the only kid in our school who has had lessons for nearly three years.

Whoopidee ****in do? Is he on here? No, so it makes no difference, as it has no relevance to the discussion. Suck it up and deal with the fact that you didn't get what you wanted. Throw a pillow if necessary. ****in poofter --_--
Quote by Alex Vik
lolnoob, i got 10 guitars from my job. 10 squier strats, all different colurs.

Class.
I had something similar happen to me.When I was 16 my folks said they were going to buy me a new guitar,a mid-range Ibanez to be specific.Well on Christmas morning I was so pumped to get my new guitar.But to my dismay,when I opened the box there wasn't a shiny new Ibanez,but live bees and AIDS! Worst Christmas ever.

The moral of this story is that even though you didn't get exactly what you want,at least you aren't covered in painful bee welts and a terminal disease.You still got a new guitar,for free,so buck up buckaroo.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Alex Vik
Damn, you guys are harsh.

You think this is bad? Spend a week in the Pit

Quote by Pr0gNut
I had something similar happen to me.When I was 16 my folks said they were going to buy me a new guitar,a mid-range Ibanez to be specific.Well on Christmas morning I was so pumped to get my new guitar.But to my dismay,when I opened the box there wasn't a shiny new Ibanez,but live bees and AIDS! Worst Christmas ever.

The moral of this story is that even though you didn't get exactly what you want,at least you aren't covered in painful bee welts and a terminal disease.You still got a new guitar,for free,so buck up buckaroo.

You are so full of ****

Now if you really do have AIDs, I'm gonna feel like a complete dick.
Last edited by [VictorinoX] at Feb 6, 2009,
lol wut? i dont get it...

Im just pointing out that you can work part time for like 2 months and buy a nice guitar.

not that hard TS, you just need some drive, dont be a wuss.
Quote by Silver-spear94
...and that part is true, a razorback is used in drugs, and a dimebag is what you stash your cash/drugs in.

That would be a razor blade, not a feral hog. And a dimebag is $10 worth of drugs, or the small plastic baggy used to store such an amount.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by Pr0gNut

Goddamnit Pr0gNut! You made me spit my pick across the room!
Quote by Black-Metal
you sir, are my favourite american

When god gives you lemons, YOU FIND A NEW GOD!
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You think this is bad? Spend 5 minutes in the Pit

You are so full of ****

Now if you really do have AIDs, I'm gonna feel like a complete dick.

Fixed.

Don't pollute my tale of a tragic chistmas past with your logic and truth....and sanity

I figured a far fetched comedic situation would be the best way to get my point across.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
Fixed.

Don't pollute my tale of a tragic chistmas past with your logic and truth....and sanity

I figured a far fetched comedic situation would be the best way to get my point across.

I read Kahn's post, then re-read your story, and it just now hit me

Oh man, funny ****.
Quote by guitarmaniac88
Again, where did I say I didn't appreciate the guitar? I am happy that I at least got it, but figured I might try my luck at getting the one I wanted. I am not, spoiled, far from it (compared to most people from this area), and don't suck at playing guitar. I am self taught for a year and I'm better than the only kid in our school who has had lessons for nearly three years.

You lost credibility here. Since when is music a race or a competitive hobby?

One year self taught? Very nice, and you probably are good or probably not, but one year doesn't break you or make you. You're just starting so don't go bashing someone who may have the reasons to be at the level he is at. Maybe he's not into it that much as you? He takes longer to learn? He's mastering theory before application? Countless reasons for him to be like that, so show some respect. Where are the days we all enjoyed guitar to create music...
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Page 1 of 3