alright i was looking on the internet and i went to musicians friend.com and i saw this! http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RGT42DX-Electric-Guitar?sku=512358

that is the Ibanez RGT42DX Electric Guitar

its priced at a dirt price of $399.99!!

its msrp price is 933.36!

now is that a deal or what? i just wanna ask it has a whammy bar so does that mean it has floyd?
[IMG]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm67/tacomantaco/suicidetree-1.jpg[/IMG]
not all whammy bars are floyds. Ibanez specializes in using their own design, similar to the FLoyd, known as the "Edge"

It is the single-most hated abomination known to man not really, but it doesn't have a very good user popularity.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']not all whammy bars are floyds. Ibanez specializes in using their own design, similar to the FLoyd, known as the "Edge"

It is the single-most hated abomination known to man not really, but it doesn't have a very good user popularity.

so i shouldent reccomend it to a friend?
[IMG]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm67/tacomantaco/suicidetree-1.jpg[/IMG]
The Ibanez does have a floyd rose, well its not a real floyd rose, I think its one of those Edge Pro's not too sure. yeah It awesome.
Quote by mysuicidaltree
so i shouldent reccomend it to a friend?

You should
I believe it was originally $700. $400 is a very good deal, no matter what trem it has. You could put a OFR in it and it'll still be a good deal.
will it be a hassel to take care of like floyd rose?
Last edited by mysuicidaltree at Feb 6, 2009,
it's a double locking tremolo. They're all bitches to take care of. That's why Bigbsy kicks so much ass
It's not a hassle to take care of, it's a hassle to setup. And you need to set it up everytime you change tunings. Once it's setup, it lasts for a very long time
lol so in what way will it be a hassal? like.. i dont want to be playing and suddenly my guitar breaks somehow and "what the hell do i do?????" so lol
I haven't looked yet, but....don't tell me it's a Edge III. =(
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Quote by JELIFISH19
It's not a hassle to take care of, it's a hassle to setup. And you need to set it up everytime you change tunings. Once it's setup, it lasts for a very long time

alright so setup up as in just tuning it?
Quote by mysuicidaltree
lol so in what way will it be a hassal? like.. i dont want to be playing and suddenly my guitar breaks somehow and "what the hell do i do?????" so lol

The only hassle is. "damn, why does motley crue play in D Standard? Where's my screwdriver to adjust the bridge."
At that price its still a pretty good deal, even if you end up replacing the trem with a better one. Then do the pickups.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by JELIFISH19
The only hassle is. "damn, why does motley crue play in D Standard? Where's my screwdriver to adjust the bridge."

k so when i adjust the bridge how do i know if i adjust it right?
Tuning is a way to say it but if you are unfamiliar. Tremolo systems need adjusting based on strings, actions, etc that may take some time to like be jumping around from tuning to tuning as easy as a hardtail guitar. Also, the Edge III(if it has one), is pretty unreliable after an amount of usage, where it basically will be almost imposible to tune, and you will just want to buy a OFR or LFR(both are LFR, only the OFR has the original "recipe") and swap it. How much it takes for this to happen depends on how much that system is abused from day to day.
Quote by Eddie4President

Quote by blake1221
Quote by mysuicidaltree
k so when i adjust the bridge how do i know if i adjust it right?

I'd avoid a Tremolo if you are going to be bouncing from tuning to tuning. If you are going to be using one outside from Standard, but only one, you can just take it to a guitar shop to adjust it. From how you sound, I wouldn't do it if I was you unless you are going to read tutorials on it and do it yourself. It's not hard, it just takes time and effort so you don't damage your system or guitar at all.
Quote by Eddie4President

Quote by blake1221
I'd avoid a Tremolo if you are going to be bouncing from tuning to tuning. If you are going to be using one outside from Standard, but only one, you can just take it to a guitar shop to adjust it. From how you sound, I wouldn't do it if I was you unless you are going to read tutorials on it and do it yourself. It's not hard, it just takes time and effort so you don't damage your system or guitar at all.

well... isnt there just one tuning? and how would i know if i need to adjust it?
Last edited by mysuicidaltree at Feb 6, 2009,
Quote by mysuicidaltree
well... isnt there just one tuning? and how would i know if i need to adjust it?

1) No, there are multiple variations for tuning
2) you will know because the bridge should be flush and the action should be decent

Since it has an edge 3 i wouldnt invest any money into it, even with a bridge change. Maybe that's just me, though.
it has an edge III trem. i would highly advise not getting anything equipped with that bridge. there utter garbage.
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']it's a double locking tremolo. They're all bitches to take care of. That's why Bigbsy kicks so much ass

Or a wilky with locking tuners

That guitar is a good deal if you know how to set up and deal with a double locking trem.You could actually get it and just block off the edge III if you aren't going to use the trem.Hell,you could get it and put an original FR and replacement pups in it for a bit more than it originally went for.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Forget a lot of what has been said here because it is wrong. I own an Ibanez RGT42DX so I do know a little bit about it. It is true that it is a mahogany body with a 5 piece maple/walnut thru-neck but there it starts to become somewhat inaccurate. Firstly, the stock pickups were not designed by EMG, they were designed by DiMarzio and manufactured by Ibanez. These stock pickups aren't great but they're OK. The only collaboration that I know of on RG models between Ibanez and EMG is one the RGT6EX, which uses an 81 and 85 set. Secondly, the VAST majority of RGT42DX guitars use the Edge Pro II trem as opposed to the Edge III. The Edge Pro II may still not be the last word in tremelos but it's a very decent locking trem that is better than many licenced Floyd Rose offerings and certainly better than an Edge III (which still isn't as bad as many would believe).

Is it worth it? Hell yes!! What else can you buy at that price with a mahogany body, 5 piece thru-neck, well made and decent locking trem? Nothing as far as I'm concerned. Upgrade the pickups and it's still a dirt cheap guitar.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Last edited by Doadman at Feb 7, 2009,