Well, we're having our freshman class registration right now, I was wondering; would it be worth it to play bass for the school jazz band? Has anyone else done this, and if so, did you enjoy it? I know they accept guitar, and I'm not sure about bass, I've talked with my school music teacher, and she said I'm gonna have to talk to someone at the high school.
Do It Faggot!!!!!
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Yeah i did jazz band. It was ok, and it was a easy earned credit too. I say go for it.
Sail upon the open skies
yea that sucks our jazz band doesnt even take guitar WTF is that?
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
I did once while the bassist wasen't there (I was playing the piano there at the time). Being a guitarist, I wasen't too great but I thought it was cool. The bass contributes a lot to every song in jazz.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Does anyone know if they provide equipment, so I don't have to carry Izzy and my amp back and forth daily? I know it differs for each school, but until I can ask, has anyone else's school let you rent or something?
Quote by herby190
Does anyone know if they provide equipment, so I don't have to carry Izzy and my amp back and forth daily? I know it differs for each school, but until I can ask, has anyone else's school let you rent or something?

Last year i had to bring my own equipment.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by angusfan16
Last year i had to bring my own equipment.

Oh... then there goes that option..
Quote by herby190
Oh... then there goes that option..

Well if your school has a guitar program (instrumental music), then they should provide equipment for jazz band. We have a guitar program this year so they supply us with everything.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by angusfan16
Well if your school has a guitar program (instrumental music), then they should provide equipment for jazz band. We have a guitar program this year so they supply us with everything.

Hmmm..... guess I'll just have to find out when I go to the freshman night on Tuesday.. Thanks for the info.
Quote by herby190
Hmmm..... guess I'll just have to find out when I go to the freshman night on Tuesday.. Thanks for the info.

No problem. Have fun in your first year of high school.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by angusfan16
No problem. Have fun in your first year of high school.

We just ended week 2 of quarter 3 in 8th, so I've got while to go yet; if they don't have a program for me to rent or borrow through, I'm taking chemistry.
I play guitar in a jazz band at school, and there's a bass player.

Go for it.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
If you have people who like playing music, it's awesome. If not, you'll likely try to top Cho's high score.
i play bass in jazz band so do it now bitch
Member #8 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to join.

Quote by GuitarHero0715
The most ****ed up thing a woman can to do a man is give your d!ck an indian burn, or bite it off.

Only bassist of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
join the band; if you don't like it you can just leave.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Quote by LedZeppelin9345
join the band; if you don't like it you can just leave.

Due to budget cuts, the high school is a bitch about switching classes once you're chosen them, because most of them are already packed as far as they can be so they can have less hours for each class, so they don't have to pay the teachers as much.
I do it, it's worth it, I'm not even a bassist im a guitarist but what i learn on bass applies to all my instruments and its just a good thing to expose yourself to all music.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Bass is an extremely important part of any Jazz group. If you are able you should definatly go for it although in many schools you will have to try out to get into the class in the first place. As for the equipment matter, it depends on the school. If you play "Real Bass" ( Upright) then you may be able to use one of the orchestra programs. If you play Bass guitar then you will probably have to bring your own guitar but they may have an amp for you.
Sig What?
Do it!

My school has a nice fender tube amp to use and a few peavy bass amps, but you have to bring your own guitar and cord... I don't play in jazz band though but I jam sometimes during my free period.
Quote by herby190
Well, we're having our freshman class registration right now, I was wondering; would it be worth it to play bass for the school jazz band? Has anyone else done this, and if so, did you enjoy it? I know they accept guitar, and I'm not sure about bass, I've talked with my school music teacher, and she said I'm gonna have to talk to someone at the high school.

Do it I've made some of my best friends throughout the past two years in jazz band, it's also a great way to connect with other musicians