Hey guys,

I'm having trouble getting a good Parkway Drive (classic metalcore) sound...

I own a Peavey 6505 head, Marshall 1960 A cab and a LTD MH-400NT guitar.
I think I should be able to reach that sound with this setup...but I just can't find a sound I'm happy with...you guys got any suggestions?

I've got Low, Mid, High, Resonance and Presence knobs. (and of course volume and gain)

thx guys

ps.: don't hesitate to reply if you know other cool sounds with this setup, I'de be happy to try em all out!
I'm surprised.. the first time I turned on a 6505 halfstack I got a Parkway Drive sound.
quite a bit of gain and bass, and just screw around with mids and treble til it sounds suitable?
Also check the "Amp Settings" sticky at the top of the Guitar Gear & Accessories thread,
I know that their settings are in that thread, and I'm sure that if Parkway Drive doesn't use 6505's at the moment, then they have at some point in their careers.
It should be the perfect amp for getting their tone?
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Quote by Faux~Affliction
I'm surprised.. the first time I turned on a 6505 halfstack I got a Parkway Drive sound.
quite a bit of gain and bass, and just screw around with mids and treble til it sounds suitable?
Also check the "Amp Settings" sticky at the top of the Guitar Gear & Accessories thread,
I know that their settings are in that thread, and I'm sure that if Parkway Drive doesn't use 6505's at the moment, then they have at some point in their careers.
It should be the perfect amp for getting their tone?

well, I have bass and mid on 5/6 and high on 7. Then I'ved got the resonance on 6 and the presence on 7. Gain around 5.
I'm very happy with this sound but I'm sure I could get better with this setup...
I'm currently learning how to play Five Months by Parkway Drive and I haven'y been able to find any settings for my amp. What would be the best settings to play this song with?

I have a Line 6 Spider III 30 watt amp and my guitar is a standard strat style with three single-coil pickups (although, i can possibly change the strings on my les paul and play it on that which has a normal humbucker and an EMG humbucker, not sure what model tho).

I don't have any pedals, but i'm saving up to buy one, but not sure what to get to reproduce this type of sound.
I have a Line 6 uber-metal in mind, but i've got no idea what would go best with this style of music.

So, anyone with suggestions on the settings and type/s of pedals to go with this style of music would be great.