Are the pickguards on an Epi/Gibson Explorer (ie. Epiphone Goth Explorer) simply for show and can be removed with no consequence or are the electronics routed in the front (similar to a Strat)?
2004 PRS Santana SE w/Duncan JB(b)/Jazz(n)
(cable)
Way Huge Green Rhino Overdrive Mk. II
(cable)
Dunlop KH-95 Kirk Hammett Crybaby
(cable)
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
If you deface an explorer like so, the Gibson monster will magically appear and rip your nuts off with his bare hands. I've seen it happen

It shouldn't. I don't think the pups are prewired to the pickguard. If they are, then you're SOL.
Damn that sucks I've never liked the look of a pickguard on the Explorer (even though they are my favorite guitars), guess my only option now is to dig up and old ESP EXP on Ebay or Craig's List. Ah well, what can you do? Thanks anyway.
2004 PRS Santana SE w/Duncan JB(b)/Jazz(n)
(cable)
Way Huge Green Rhino Overdrive Mk. II
(cable)
Dunlop KH-95 Kirk Hammett Crybaby
(cable)
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
Sorry for bringing such an old thread back to life.
I'm wondering if it would be possible to the following stuff with a Epiphone Explorer.
.Remove the pickguard.
.Somehow reroute the electronics.
.Fill the hole where the cables where before with something? Don't know what kind of material could be used for such a thing. Anybody got some suggestions?

Maybe a stupid idea, it's just that Explorers, in my eyes, look so much better without the pickguard.

Once again, sorry for bringing up such an old thread.
Noob on most guitar-oriented stuff.

ESP LTD EX-400
Epiphone Les Paul Goth
Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
Peavey Bandit 112
Line 6 Spider III 15w
Digitech RP500
Quote by thomson125
Sorry for bringing such an old thread back to life.
I'm wondering if it would be possible to the following stuff with a Epiphone Explorer.
.Remove the pickguard.
.Somehow reroute the electronics.
.Fill the hole where the cables where before with something? Don't know what kind of material could be used for such a thing. Anybody got some suggestions?

Maybe a stupid idea, it's just that Explorers, in my eyes, look so much better without the pickguard.

Once again, sorry for bringing up such an old thread.

You could, but it probably wouldn't be worth it. You would have to cut a block of wood to fit the cavity as best as possible. Then use filler to fill the rest and refinish the guitar. A lot of work and expense if you can't do the work yourself.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
mmmmm, zombie thread...

buy an Epiphone Futura or an Ibanez DT200 Destroyer.