I was just wondering how good this amp is compared to a marshall tube or even a fender tube. Plus I was just wondering what your guy's take on this amp is. If any of you own the 6505 please give me feedback on it and on its specs, and your own opinion of it too. Thanks in advance.
Well its freaking loud....lacks a real clean channel, however it's distortion is over the top and its a trusted amp of many metal-guitarists. Peavey is know for its reliability...Can't really help unless you tell us what kind of music you play.
I play alt rock all the way up to speed metal and everything in between. Kinda bummed about the clean channel though, I need a good clean channel for my sound.
It's got tons of gain
its american voiced like the fender,
but has buckets of gain and a bad clean channel
so it's basically the opposite of the fender,
lots of hardcore/metalcore/metal bands use them
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Check out the 6505+ if you need a better clean channel, this one has less gain and bettar cleanz.
Love is my religion
Quote by MightySumo
I play alt rock all the way up to speed metal and everything in between. Kinda bummed about the clean channel though, I need a good clean channel for my sound.

well what is your MAX budget??
im sure you can find a used mark 4 or a rectoverb (if you have over $1000)
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I was just wondering if you could use the 6505+ Head with the 6505 cab. I usually only mess with combo amps so I'm new at mixing heads and cabs. How bad is the clean channel, like on a scale of 1-10, 1 being the worst and 10 being the best.
Quote by MightySumo
I was just wondering if you could use the 6505+ Head with the 6505 cab. I usually only mess with combo amps so I'm new at mixing heads and cabs. How bad is the clean channel, like on a scale of 1-10, 1 being the worst and 10 being the best.

the cleans are 6-7ish
the gain is over 9000 !!!!!!!!!!!!

and if you give me a budget i think i can help you search a better amp
feel free to add me
Quote by MightySumo

You could but the 6505 is not the best choice for that amp... When you get the head just test out anything you can get your hands on cab wise and see what you like best. And even then a cab might suprise you, I hated my cab till I got my eq right on it and now I love it.

And I would say 5-6 on the cleans... 6-7 with chorus...
the head has great distortion, and the crunch and cleans are OK, the cleans can be made better with chorus just like IP said. the cab has crappy speakers in it though
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
WTF!! is a Tab, my budget is about $1500-$3000, plus my band isn't really that demanding for cleans so could I just suffer through with lower than par cleans or is it noticeable?
WTF, where did you get the Pedo/Shoop animation????? I WANTZ TEH PEDO!!!!!!
Quote by MightySumo
WTF!! is a Tab, my budget is about $1500-$3000, plus my band isn't really that demanding for cleans so could I just suffer through with lower than par cleans or is it noticeable?
WTF, where did you get the Pedo/Shoop animation????? I WANTZ TEH PEDO!!!!!!

i got my avatar in some random website i cant remember.............moving on
with your BIG budget of $3000
you could find a
Framus Cobra
Framus Dragon
ENGL Special Edition
ENGL Invader
ENGL Powerball
Splawn Nitro
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV
Mesa/Boogie Mark V (when it comes out)
Mesa/Boogie Roadster
Carvin V3
Carvin Legacy
Bogner Uberschall (mah 2nd dream amp)
Bogner XTC/Ecstacy (mah other dream amp)
Soldano Avenger
Cornford MK50
Cornford Hellcat ??

all used of course
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Feb 6, 2009,
You could actually get a cornford if you wanted to.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
WTF, in your opinion, what is the best out of that sultry list of amps? And the main reason I was looking at the 6505 was because it's always reccommended to me at guitar center. And I'm still pretty new to tube amps and half stacks, so please elaborate on the advantages of that long list of amps over the Peavey 6505, the guys at guitar center make it sound like the holy grail of amps, they even reccommended it over a Mesa Boogie dual somthing or other....
^ you need some thing versatile then the:
(pick one)
ENGL Special Edition
Bogner XTC/Ecstacy
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV
Mesa/Boogie Mark V (again when it comes out )
Carvin V3
Carvin Legacy ( i have no experience with this amp but Vai uses them so i think this could satisfy your needs)
is good for you

if you want tremendous amounts of gain then the:
(pick one)
Framus Cobra(i prefer this)
Mesa/Boogie Roadster ( not the best choice though)
ENGL INvader
Splawn Nitro
Bogner Uberschall(and this)
Cornford MK50 (never played it but i like teh clips)

will be good
feel free to add me
Thanks WTF. I'll be sure to check out those amps with my BIG budget of $3000.
Thanks to everybody else who helped influence my possible purchase of one of the aforementioned amps
Last edited by MightySumo at Feb 6, 2009,
Out of that list a Mesa Mark IV sounds like one of the best choices.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Look into a used Soldano SLO also.

Almost every high gain amp of the past 20 years (including the 5150/6505) has been based on the Soldano, and they have a nice clean channel too.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by MightySumo
WTF, in your opinion, what is the best out of that sultry list of amps? And the main reason I was looking at the 6505 was because it's always reccommended to me at guitar center. And I'm still pretty new to tube amps and half stacks, so please elaborate on the advantages of that long list of amps over the Peavey 6505, the guys at guitar center make it sound like the holy grail of amps, they even reccommended it over a Mesa Boogie dual somthing or other....

Try a Mark V or a IIC+ combo. Or, maybe a Mark IV. Also look at ENGL's, maybe the Invader or the Powerball, or the Savage.