Need some help with wah pedals. I know absolutely nothing about whats good and whats bad it comes to wah. Local store has about 10 different models and I don't know which ones are good and which aren't. They don't let you try them out unless they have them already on the floor and of course they don't have any wah's out to try. So what wah pedal are good ones to consider? I can go up to 150 CAN $.
Try the classic crybaby wah, the Zakk Wylde wah, the Jimi Hendrix wah, the Slash wah, the Dimebag wah, the Morley Bad Horsie/Tremonti wahs, and the Weeping Demon.

Imo they're the best ones.

Feel free to add if I've missed any.
The Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon is a great wah.
99% of my posts will probably be entirely misinformed, malformed, malware infested, and... marmalade topped.

Oh, and your tongue is on fire.
Pretty crappy store that says you gotta buy it before you can try it. The stock crybaby is pretty lacking but is pretty easy to mod to make it really good.
Vox Wah is my favourite! (i've tried pretty much all the dunlop wahs and a weeping demon as well)
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
Depends on what you play IMO.

For blues/classic rock= Vox V847.
For hard rock/classic metal= Original Crybaby, Morley Mark Tremonti wah
For thrash/modern metal= Weeping Demon, Crybaby 535Q.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Sounds like a lot of options. Thanks for the input guys I'm going to drive downtown to a bigger store where I can test these different pedals out.
dont forget the Hellbabe wah. people may bag on it but it has the most features of (almost)any wah ive ever seen and it only costs $40! its definately worth it.

and the fact your local store wont try it out is HORSESH!T!
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
The Weeping Demon is great if you're looking for a wah for thrash/metal... however I must warn you that it is a tone sucking *****.
man the people who work there are pricks. You go near a guitar over 600 bucks and there will be two of them right on top of you making sure you don't do anything to it. It's just a little store. We have a long and mcqaudes but its like 20 minutes from where I live and I had to walk so...
so what if you want to buy said $600 guitar? would they let you try it out?
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
I'd have to try. To be honest it was my first time in that shop I usually go to L&M.
Try out the Dunlop 535Q if you can. it's a very versatile wah. the dimebag wah is the exact same thing, except it has his name and a hefty price tag.

if you like teh 535Q i got one for sale
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1062252
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
dont get a standard crybaby, the Vox V847a is better. The Morley wahs are great. if you can afford it, get a boutique one made
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
The dimebag wah and the 535q are the best crybabies (the slash wah sounds good, but it's overpriced and the distortion sucks, the ZW just sounds like ass to me)

Fulltone wahs are expensive but sound great. Not been able to try one, but all the clips of RMC wahs I've heard sound amazing, if you've got the dought they're the way to go, hard to find so it might be tricky to try one.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by SomebodySomeone
Try out the Dunlop 535Q if you can. it's a very versatile wah. the dimebag wah is the exact same thing, except it has his name and a hefty price tag.

if you like teh 535Q i got one for sale
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1062252

This is a good option, pretty much any wah tone from Michael Amott to Buddy GUy is covered in that thing. A lot of people seem to be recommending the Ibanez Weeping Demon, which is OK, but I found it a little too digitalised/cold, there was no character in it, and it wasn't my playing nor my wah work, because I am very experienced with expression pedals, consideirng I have 3 on my regular rig.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM