So I was at the bookstore today looking at their a bass player mag. The first thing that caught my eye was "New Flea Bass"(or something like that). I started reading and it pretty much sounds like a jazz bass with tweaks.

What does the bass forum think about this? Discuss

EDIT:http://www.guitarlifestyle.com/archives/2009/01/27/fleabass/

(still working on finding pics)

or http://www.fleabass.com/ but not as informative
Last edited by jazzbasskid at Feb 6, 2009,
^ Doesnt he not endorse Modulus anymore?

Threadstarter, a link would be nice
Quote by thefitz
That's because you're a 13 year old who only focuses on guitars. I bet most people can't tell the difference between your voice and your mother's.
Quote by guitarkid2113
I think it's a Fender signature series... I saw that article too... isn't one of them like green and pink, or orange and blue?

It very well could end up with fender but at this moment I think it's just a bass Flea is putting out. Yea, weird colors, the only normal type is the the black and white one.
It's gonna be cheap and look awesome. I forget who makes it, either MM or Fender. I might pick one up, actually. I don't jack off to his basslines like a bunch of you kids do, but I think they look effing awesome and I've always wanted a jazz.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I too would also want to try one out just to see what it would sound and feel like.
It says they're being made alot for students, I think his primary goal with these bases is to get kids to learn, which is great. I'd buy one.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120

hmm it doesnt have any brand on the headstock except 'fleabass'

maybe he is starting his own company?

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Looks like a great idea, he seems to be genuinely trying to get more kids into bass. I say kudos to flea.
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
Quote by wouldyakindly
Looks like a great idea, he seems to be genuinely trying to get more kids into bass. I say kudos to flea.

+1. good stuff there.
I play bass!
Quote by TJ1991
So how much are they? Not like 4 million quid, like the Modulus?

400$ kids size

and 500$ Normal Size

Price in American
The colors make my eyes burn. And the pickguard makes me want to vomit.

For $499 is looks about on par with a MIM Fender spec-wise.
Quote by Captain Insano
The colors make my eyes burn. And the pickguard makes me want to vomit.

For $499 is looks about on par with a MIM Fender spec-wise.

Well they are aimed for Kids,

I however love the black and white one and the orange and blue bass.

hopefully they make a left handed version.
I want the orange and blue one, just because those are my school colors and it would get a lot of attention on campus. But $500 is a bit of a stretch though for a bass I wouldn't use much.
Last edited by betaone at Feb 7, 2009,
This can only be a good thing, to get kids into music and to get them doing something creative. Huge respect towards Flea, for starting this initiative and for developing creativity in young kids.

You lay me down as I go to the store
Sorrow ate me, I'm not me anymore
Play these heavens one more time
I'm not yours and I'm not mine

When you hear music after it's over, it's gone in the air.
You can never capture it again.

They look utterly hideous but its a good principle
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
I'll be pleasantly surprised if these turn out to be anything better than firewood.
Squier VM Fretless Jazz
Warwick Rockbass Streamer 5
Ashdown MAG 300 210
idk i have a feeling these might sound pretty good considering it says that flea and a few others(or something like that) will be inspecting them themselves
In a recent Bass Player magazine interview, he said he’s planning to take these out with him for the new Red Hot Chili Peppers tour.

I was more interested in that.
*prays for toronto date*
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by Aidy Damage
The blue and orange one = a Mudkipz?

oh dear god you're right
well flea has always used quality basses in the past (as far as i know, musicman stingrays, fender jazz, modulus) so i dont see why he would make his own model bad quality.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Quote by shinhoman
well flea has always used quality basses in the past (as far as i know, musicman stingrays, fender jazz, modulus) so i dont see why he would make his own model bad quality.

x

Agreed. And, I doubt this is ever going to be his primary source of income, so it makes sense that he isn't trying to get as much profit of it as other manufacturers, who will rely on it for income.

If these basses are worth the price tag, kudos to him.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
that website is the funniest, greatest thing to ever happen to me. i love you all for that
Try adding more delay.