i've been wanting this guitar for awhile and no shops in my area have had and i didnt wanna order one without trying it out. i went in for lessons tuesday night and saw it on the rack at my local mom and pop guitar shop. its as nice as i hoped it would be. it has a nice neck and the brigde pup has a good full sound to it, not real impressed with the neck one, but thats an easy enough fix. anybody else have this guitar?
I have heard these are a pretty good steal for the price to performance ratio.
Pictures?
yeah its pretty rad, its as good as my mim tele except the neck pup is not adjustable that could prob be changed though, i would post a pic but im like a computer neanderthal, i just learned to type just recently haha. I have a mac and my camera phone is not compatible with it and im too cheap to buy a camera.
I've got the VM thinline, fantastic guitar. The Neck pickup is adjustable, on the old teles, you had to take off the pickgaurd to do it, though.

The new squiers are just fantastic guitars, I love my VM, I got it in the beginning of january and it's already starting to show some wear, that's how much I love it. The pickups are good, but they could be better. What do you expect in a squier?
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
i hear ya for the money its as good as it gets. i love the amber neck and nice glossy finish on the neck. i'm seriously thinking about overhauling my mim tele and tinting the neck and putting ashtray bridge and **** on it
Quote by drunkass
i hear ya for the money its as good as it gets. i love the amber neck and nice glossy finish on the neck. i'm seriously thinking about overhauling my mim tele and tinting the neck and putting ashtray bridge and **** on it

what's the use in overhaulin' your MIM? You should just sell it and get another Squier, if you want something differant. I'm not 100% sure how well an ashtray bridge would fit on an MIM, though, I think they're differant shapes and sizes, so much so that you need to redrill the screw and string holes, that's why I went squier for my tele. If you really want, I've got the original bridge from my Squier VM, it's a six saddle ash tray with top loading capabilities, I might be willing to let it go.

Also, don't refinish the neck on your MIM, give it about... 10 years, and it'll start to amber a little. It sounds like the CV's have the finish I like on 'em, though, the finish on the VM Thin is that satin-y finish, the neck it totally white.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
the mim tele is about ten years now. it honestly doesnt have anything wrong with it i just feel like doing some stuff to it. yeah the cv has a nice amber tint to it. for a cheap guitar its badass and i like the 9 strings on it. i'm used to playing with 10s so these feel really easy to bend, well its off to the bar to work and drink some beers,
cheers!
I want to get one of these and make it into an Esquire.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by FloyDZeD
I want to get one of these and make it into an Esquire.

you mean make it one with only one pickup? that would be cool of you if got rid of the tone control too so its a bare bones one pup guitar. thats just me though, i dont get the whole tone knob thing
I really liked the classic vibe strat I played a while back,if the tele has the same quality and sound then I'm sure it's a great guitar for the money too.I'm actually considering getting the 50's strat and upgrading the pups so I'd have a workhorse blues and classic rock guitar that can get beat up without any worries.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

yeah those strats look awesome on youtube i would get one of those but i love my mim strat