Heylo GG&A!
I found this ad roaming around the Toronto Kijiji site; it's been around for quite a while, as the seller keeps re-posting it. The price was set at $300, then $250 and now, $200.
Link- http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-Peavey-Made-In-the-USA-Supreme-head-W0QQAdIdZ105178125

My question: Yay or nay? (For me )

I play alt-rock (Three Days Grace, Billy Talent), pop punk (My Chemical Romance) and some classic rock (AC/DC, GNR and Led Zep). Would this amp be good for that crunch, Marshall-ly sound, or even for a gritty, yet smooth (yeah, that makes no sense) tone? Think Highway-to-Hell-yet-Sweet-Child-'O-Mine sound.

Does anyone own this amp? If yes, then let me know if it can do cleans as well as dirty overdrive.

Thanks.

EDIT: Remember, the prices are in CAD. So the Peavey Supreme head would be around $160 USD.
Last edited by myXchem at Feb 6, 2009,
It will be better than your current amp, but a Traynor blue or Peavey classic 30 with boost would probably be the best for your style if you can save up that much.
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
For anymore than $200 and I would say no. Buts its not a bad deal for $200, so if it sounds like your cup of tea, go for it. I've never heard anything really great about the tube\solid state hybrids though.
Thanks guys. Its just a solid state (Transtube), so I wouldn't expect much from it. Yeah, youtube is being a b*itch, so I can't really hear how it sounds.
If someone has any experience with this amp, feel free to help out (READ: Please help. Help. Do it. *poke* HELP!).
Quote by tomguitarworshi
It will be better than your current amp, but a Traynor blue or Peavey classic 30 with boost would probably be the best for your style if you can save up that much.

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/mss/msg/1002537650.html
Price= around $490 USD
That looks pretty good, 'cept for the price. At my local Long and McQuade, the Traynor YCW80Q goes for about $800 CDN (around $652 USD). So, I'll look into that.
AND
http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/msg/997302124.html
Price= around $490 USD
Seems old, but it's probably just the picture quality.

Btw, how's this?
http://www.theguitarshop.ca/
Scroll down, it's the second news thing, the JCM 900. Only $550 CAD ($450 USD).
Seems pretty good.
Last edited by myXchem at Feb 6, 2009,
C'mon, no one can help me?
Someone must own or has even played this amp before.
Sorry for the double post, but I really need help.
Peavey Supreme: Decent solid state head for very high gain, but probably has a bit too much gain for your styles.

How much is a Marshall DSL401 where you live? I know Ray Toro uses the head version in studio and live, and I'm pretty sure Three Days Grace use either them or JCM900s.

So try for that JCM900 also.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
Peavey Supreme: Decent solid state head for very high gain, but probably has a bit too much gain for your styles.

How much is a Marshall DSL401 where you live? I know Ray Toro uses the head version in studio and live, and I'm pretty sure Three Days Grace use either them or JCM900s.

So try for that JCM900 also.

Ah. I see. Thanks for letting me know about the Peavey.
Good news: I found a used DSL401 http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-Marshall-DSL401-40-Watt-All-Tube-Combo-W0QQAdIdZ68897423
It's an old ad, but I'll see if the poster is still selling. Aren't these expensive though?

Buying new sucks here. ):
If your going to buy a DSL than look at the heads as there a lot better than the combo's.
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
Yeah, so I heard.
www.theguitarshop.ca is selling one for $550 CAD apparently, I'll go see if I could get that.
But I don't want to be luggin around a head and a cab everywhere (school, friends' houses, etc). So unless someone knows of an extremely portable cabinet, I think I'll stick with a combo (maybe the Traynor Blue) unless I get a better deal.
Go for that JCM900.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
maybe a small 1x12/2x12 cab? Im not a fan of the jcm 900's but each to his own I guess.
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
I personally find a head and a 1x12 or 2x12 easier to carry than a combo, because they are much lighter. And the DSL combos are good once their speakers are swapped.

But you might want to look into a Traynor because they're much better value there.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales