Hey Pit, I've never played Rock Band before and I was wondering if there was a Practice Mode like Guitar Hero, for the purpose of recording a guitar-less version of the song to use as a backing track.
So.. follow-up question, who is willing to waste 5 minutes of their life to record Black Sabbath - N.I.B. for me?

The other option is to find on the internet, but I checked every free backing track site that I know of, and none had it.
Yeah. They even have like a jam session thing for drums were you get to bang on plastic and make different noises for free.
Sail upon the open skies
What are you asking?

You can't record anything in rock band. There are practice modes for every instrument, to practice song charts, and there's a freestyle drum mode, but that's about it.

I guess you could go on guitar on practice and use that as a backing track if you wanted to. I'm not sure how you would record that off of the game though.
You would run a line out from your TV to your computer/recording system. It would be incredibly easy. If I had RB I'd do it for you, but I only have GHWT and GH3.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
You would run a line out from your TV to your computer/recording system. It would be incredibly easy. If I had RB I'd do it for you, but I only have GHWT and GH3.

Thanks for the explanation.
Last edited by xHellbound at Feb 6, 2009,
alot of recording software will giv u the option to take a track, and take out individual parts from the songs...u could just do tht instead.
Quote by hashishish
Lars?

WIN!
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

GREATEST
PIC
OF
LIFE

you just won the thread. a round of applause is in order *fap fap fa......CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP*

TF2 Player?
Quote by IamAwesomeness
alot of recording software will giv u the option to take a track, and take out individual parts from the songs...u could just do tht instead.

That doesn't really work. Every track is different, so depending on who mastered it, you're not always going to get the results you want.

For instance, I extract vocals on Black Sabbath songs. The song is put to a low hum and there's still some drums left in the mix.

I did the same vocal extraction with Smoke on the Water and somehow completely tuned out the guitar, except for the solo. (If anyone wants a Smoke on the Water vocal/rhythm backing track, PM me.)

Besides, I just entered myself in the Guitar Hero/Rock Band contest and would like the actual song from the game.