Hello everyone.
For the past year and a half I've been running off of a no-name cube amp.
Finally ive decided to upgrade.
My budget is $500-$600. Not too much because I'm still saving for my car.
I mainly play progressive metal.Some bands I love are BTBAM and Dream Theater.

Any suggestions?
Im willing to go used btw.
Gear

-Ibanez S2170 prestige
-Boss MetalZone Distortion Pedal
-No Named brand 15watt cube practice amp
A used 5150/6505 combo.
That or a Bugera are the only good things for metal in the price range.
But the Bugera's have serious unreliability issues.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Mesa F-30/F-50, Mesa DC-3/DC-5, Laney AOR, Peavey 6505+ combo (when it comes out) perhaps a Bugera 1990 when it comes out...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
1. Go to a store
2. Play amps in your price range all with the same guitar (Maybe even bring yours)
3. Choose your favorite
If you laugh at this I get to have sex with you.
Click here to see the most beautiful guitar imaginable.
Quote by Jeltz
Sukman_Jr: Going on a trip to Finmark in Norway is a bad idea aswell! Beware of Nazi-zombies!
I don't care if people disagree with me, get a Fender FM 212R. You will never need an OD pedal with this amp, it can handle everything!
Quote by thestonedone
You see this is why it's wrong to rape your guitar... in public.

Quote by mroctoberfest
I want to name an invention the Insta-gasm 3000. I feel very strongly about this.

Gear Setup:
Jackson Rhoads
Digitech Grunge
Fender FM 212R
^Dude, I like the FM series, but they need a pedal to sound good with distortion.

TS, where do you live?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Used 5150/6505 will do you fine. I'm pretty sure BTBAM actually used them on the earlier albums, Iv'e definitely seen them being used live.
Or you could look into a Randall RG50TC.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by Steven E
I don't care if people disagree with me, get a Fender FM 212R. You will never need an OD pedal with this amp, it can handle everything!

are you serious? the only decent thing on this amp is the clean channel!
ts, go used and look for a peavey 6505 or 5150? the bugera 333xl might suit you well for dream theater type tones too
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20