Poll Options
View poll results: We should
keep idiots out of important offices
29 51%
show more compassion, they're only people
2 4%
all drink half our brain cells away so that we're all idiots
4 7%
worship a pink lizard called "Fluffles" and trust him to guide the way.
22 39%
Voters: 57.
I think stupidity should count as a mental illness.

People who are uneducated and unintelligent shouldn't be allowed into certain fields of work.
And I'm not talking about people with bad grades in school, because I'm sure you all know that grades in school hardly show anything about a person's actual intelligence, and in alot of cases show a very miniscule part of their actual education.

I believe that part of the examination process in schools should consist of a scientific intelligence test, conducted several times in a different way with the average of all tests as the final result.

That way, there wouldn't be any idiots working in important jobs, no morons sitting behind desks in government offices, and no nincompoops sending me to 10 different rooms in a building when all I wanted was to have my passport extended!

People who are stupid should be removed from any kind of higher paying job. Higher taxes to support the idiots in the world? Sure! As long as I don't have to deal with them when I want to open a new bank account, or have them run my country!

am I overreacting? should I show more compassion towards the idiots of this world?
No. But only the truly stupid people need to be punished. The stupid ones that think they are really smart.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
/sig
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
Nah it's fine, i have an upmost hate for the ignorance of mankind, mostly the U.S., but people in general. And much of the time, maturity reaches a new low for even the highest respected people, but then again maybe that's why they're immature and ignorant...
Quote by Hadi The Ghost
Fat boy's shouldn't wear bras, they should be shot.

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
I'll bet TS was thinkin' "OMG T3h P1Tz iz gUNNa th!nk Im s0 c00l! ololololol!!!!"
but in reality we think you're an asshole, and we all hate you.
Nah, if it wasnt for idiots not doing their jobs properly... Who would I take my anger out on?
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
If we kept the "idiots out of important offices," there would be no American government.
You're*
people with down syndrome worship a mystical two headed bear who lives in the Andromeda galaxy
Last edited by GmacD at Feb 6, 2009,
Quote by maniac111
Define stupid.

Idiot, noun: "a person lacking the brain capacity to execute their job at the expected speed and with the expected accuracy. also see: George Bush, all civil servants in Germany"
Quote by AcouticShredder
Nah it's fine, i have an upmost hate for the ignorance of mankind, mostly the U.S., but people in general. And much of the time, maturity reaches a new low for even the highest respected people, but then again maybe that's why they're immature and ignorant...

Dude, not all US citizens are ignorant, some are, but a lot of us arent, its just the "important people" over here that are ignorant.
Equiptment:

Bass: Yamaha RBX170
Amp: Fender Rumble 100
Pedal: Boss BOD-3 Bass overdrive pedal
I'm not one to suffer fools.

Burn them I say.

Well maybe that's taking it a bit too far...But you get the point.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
It depends what you mean by 'idiot'. I agree that people who can't do their job properly shouldn't be in that field of work. It's like telling a mechanic to be a Doctor, it's not something they can just do. But at the same time, you shouldn't discriminate against someone because they happen to be a bit dim.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I think stupidity should count as a mental illness.

People who are uneducated and unintelligent shouldn't be allowed into certain fields of work.
And I'm not talking about people with bad grades in school, because I'm sure you all know that grades in school hardly show anything about a person's actual intelligence, and in alot of cases show a very miniscule part of their actual education.

I believe that part of the examination process in schools should consist of a scientific intelligence test, conducted several times in a different way with the average of all tests as the final result.

That way, there wouldn't be any idiots working in important jobs, no morons sitting behind desks in government offices, and no nincompoops sending me to 10 different rooms in a building when all I wanted was to have my passport extended!

People who are stupid should be removed from any kind of higher paying job. Higher taxes to support the idiots in the world? Sure! As long as I don't have to deal with them when I want to open a new bank account, or have them run my country!

am I overreacting? should I show more compassion towards the idiots of this world?

so ur sayin tha the homeless and people that cant go to school hav mental illnesses?
Quote by 08don
yes, thank you guitarfreak. free bj for you anytime. just not from me. no homo.
Quote by guitarfreak786
so ur sayin tha the homeless and people that cant go to school have mental illnesses?

Well they're not going to get a job without going to school at all...So it's pretty irrelevant. This thread is about idiots with important jobs.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by Survivalism
If we kept the "idiots out of important offices," there would be no American government.

+1
Quote by Hadi The Ghost

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
I'll bet TS was thinkin' "OMG T3h P1Tz iz gUNNa th!nk Im s0 c00l! ololololol!!!!"
Quote by guitarfreak786
so ur sayin tha the homeless and people that cant go to school hav mental illnesses?

I'm sorry, but wanting the homeless and people who never went to school to not have important jobs isn't exactly anything new.
Quote by AcouticShredder

I'm rendered speechless by your incredible wisdom and fascinating way of viewing things. You should write a book. Perhaps, if you worked hard enough and exerted as much mental energy as you could, you could create a book with black and white pictures that small children could later color with crayons, or perhaps colored pencils.

Oh, and the pictures could pop up when you turned the pages.
You're*
Quote by Jericho114
No. But only the truly stupid people need to be punished. The stupid ones that think they are really smart.

this
Quote by bassplayer18A7X
Dude, not all US citizens are ignorant, some are, but a lot of us arent, its just the "important people" over here that are ignorant.

Yea, i think the "important people" are a pretty good majority, and that frankly pisses me off, i could rant for hours, but no one wants to hear it....
Quote by Hadi The Ghost

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
The more you make things idiot-proof, the more you contribute to a higher breed of idiots. Keep that in mind.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Quote by Survivalism
I'm rendered speechless by your incredible wisdom and fascinating way of viewing things. You should write a book. Perhaps, if you worked hard enough and exerted as much mental energy as you could, you could create a book with black and white pictures that small children could later color with crayons, or perhaps colored pencils.

Oh, and the pictures could pop up when you turned the pages

will there be dragons?
Quote by CoreysMonster
Idiot, noun: "a person lacking the brain capacity to execute their job at the expected speed and with the expected accuracy. also see: George Bush, all civil servants in Germany"

What is the expected speed? If I order something from musiciansfriend and I expect it to be here within a week and it comes a day later than expected should I demand that the postal worker has a mental illness and should be sacked as well as being able to claim mental illness on his taxes?
Last edited by i_killed_bill at Feb 6, 2009,
Quote by i_killed_bill
What is the expected speed. If I order something from musiciansfriend and I expect it to be here within a week and it comes a day later than expected should I demand that the postal worker has a mental illness and should be sacked as well as being able to claim mental illness on his taxes?

no, of course not.

That's not what I mean, and of course the part about "mental illness" is a gross exaggeration (pardon my spelling). I'm just pissed off at the amount of stupid people in higher-paying jobs I've been meeting lately, you know, the people at the bank who send you to 20 different rooms and none of them is the right one, or the people at government offices who clearly have never heard of a thing called common sense?
i wasted a couple minutes of my life reading this stupid ass thread!
Quote by tancanada
He's from Arkansas. Of course he wants to eat it.

Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

Quote by ikitson
im drunk idc

( . Y . )
Quote by Brennon

it took you MINUTES to read this thread?

don't worry, your life isn't worth anything.
Quote by Brennon

I wasted 3 seconds of my life reading that stupid ass reply. Would you like to tell us why you don't agree with this "stupid ass thread" your lack of respect towards ones opinion only shows your ignorance.
Quote by i_killed_bill
I wasted 3 seconds of my life reading that stupid ass reply. Would you like to tell us why you don't agree with this "stupid ass thread" your lack of respect towards ones opinion only shows your ignorance.

He didn't know the thread was about him....
Quote by Hadi The Ghost

Quote by Lt. Shinysides