is darkest hour emo , hardcore or any of that crap that the emos listen to now or is it melodic death metal because they sound like in flames with jeff loomis playing lead lol. iam just asking cause me and my friends are having this argument over if they are or not.
Christ, they're metalcore, not allowed here, but they're NOT emo or hardcore. Emo kids don't listen to Darkest Hour. It's pretty close to melodic death metal, not much overuse of breakdowns, but they are metalcore.
Quote by metalmlitiachaz
there are too many sub genres, then people confuse what'swhat, and friendships are runined over an argument

Sigged.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
does who classify genres are limiting themselves, and i do think its a melodic-metalsomething
Quote by ticklemeasian
is darkest hour emo , hardcore or any of that crap that the emos listen to now or is it melodic death metal because they sound like in flames with jeff loomis playing lead lol. iam just asking cause me and my friends are having this argument over if they are or not.

Ummmm...What?
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS ONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS NONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AT ALL
FOR I AM CONTINUAL