ok a couple of days ago i restrung my acoustic. (D'addario 12s) its been in its case since then but today its really hot like 40C and as i took it out i noticed both of my blank strings (the really light ones) are rusty. anyone have any tips to fix this?
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
I used to use regular strings on my acoustics, but I got tired of changing them every month or two. I highly recommend using Elixir coated strings - I prefer the Nanowebs. If you can't afford these, the next best thing is to wipe down your strings after you're done playing for the day. If you're already wiping down your guitar anyway, this can just become part of your routine. I tried using Fast Fret by GHS, but it didn't seem to work all that well on acoustic strings. The stuff is totally amazing on steel electric strings, however. I've gone from changing strings every two months on my 5 electrics to once every 10 to 12 months. No kidding. The other thing to watch out for is your humidity level. If your humidity level is too high, it will corrode the steel strings and hardware on your guitars. If you can keep your guitars out on a floor stand, or off the wall, that may also help.
I don't believe that the two unwound strings on the elixirs are coated. Cleartones definitely are though, so check those out as well.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
I have a question, could TS use a dehumidifier?

Or would that damage the guitar by making it too dry?
I live in a temperate climate so I don't have to deal with that stuff...
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
I hate d'dario for some reason. every time i use them they feel rusted right out of the box. Ernie ball's are great on electric and I use elixers on my acoustic.
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
Quote by Yeti60
I have a question, could TS use a dehumidifier?

Or would that damage the guitar by making it too dry?
I live in a temperate climate so I don't have to deal with that stuff...

The most important thing is to make sure the guitar stays between 40-60% relative humidity. If he's over or near 60% then yes, that might be a good option. Otherwise you could damage the guitar, and that's no good either.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.