I finally after 2 and a half years of playing have enough money for a new amp. My spending limit is $300 and I was looking at these 2 amps. Fender Frontman 65R or Raven RG100. Which is better in quality and just in general. I need an amp for band practice and shows, so the Raven does have 100 watts but there is on the other hand the Fender name brand. Help me please.
what genres do you play? neither of these amps is really very good. maybe we could help guide you.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Quote by Lemmiwinkz9
I finally after 2 and a half years of playing have enough money for a new amp. My spending limit is $300 and I was looking at these 2 amps. Fender Frontman 65R or Raven RG100. Which is better in quality and just in general. I need an amp for band practice and shows, so the Raven does have 100 watts but there is on the other hand the Fender name brand. Help me please.

Those are bad criteria for amp buying. They're both poor quality, with poor tone.

^what they said, too.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
yeah i have a fender frontman 65R, it has some definite power behind it, so dont worry about the wattage. i have used and easily competed with my friends 120 watt randall stack, however i also cant find a good tone out of it for the distortion, so if u get it, i recommend a multi effects pedal or something to help the tone, cos theres nothing special about it there
Quote by Jordzo
yeah i have a fender frontman 65R, it has some definite power behind it, so dont worry about the wattage. i have used and easily competed with my friends 120 watt randall stack, however i also cant find a good tone out of it for the distortion, so if u get it, i recommend a multi effects pedal or something to help the tone, cos theres nothing special about it there

/ignoreplz.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
If you only play cleans, then the Frontman isn't a bad choice.

*flameshield*

BUT...there are probably better amps for the money. Where do you live? We can give you some used recommendations then.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
The music I listen to is stuff like Metallica Megadeth Pantera rock punk and heavy metal (not death metal). Also I have a Zoom GFX5 that I use for distortion. I havnt played live yet but I want to start.
Used Peavey Valveking?
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Save more. Anything you find at 300 dollars will be stop gap amp. If you can save a bit more (maybe 600 dollars?) then you'll be able to find an amp that will last you a good while.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
This has to be a no brainer! Both of those amps are awful and should be avoided at all costs. $300 isn't a huge budget but it will buy you a brand new Peavey Vypyr 75w which will at least give you loads of very good tones that suit the music you play and is easily loud enough to gig with. It's actually a very good amp and certainly the best you can get for $300
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
plz dont ignore what i sed before, i was just saying that i do not recommend the frontman 65r. One of my friends has the a peavey vypyr, i would definitly recomend that one