I'm looking for some dimarzio's to put in my guitar. I'm wondering whether i should get a PAF Joe or a PAF Pro in the neck position and whether i should get an evolution or breed in the neck. I play mostly shred, and some of my favorite guitarists are Paul Gilbert, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Guthrie Govan, and Ritchie Kotzen. Which two do you think would help me to achieve a sound like theirs?
Quote by RATM forever
definitely the best spam thread today!
I would personally go with the PAD Pro in the neck and a Breed in the bridge.

But firstly, what's your amp? A pickup swap won't make a difference if you're playing through a Spider.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
I would personally go with the PAD Pro in the neck and a Breed in the bridge.

But firstly, what's your amp? A pickup swap won't make a difference if you're playing through a Spider.

My amp right now is okay, but i'm getting a marshall vintage modern combo next month, so I want my pickups to be set when the amp arrives.
Quote by RATM forever
definitely the best spam thread today!
Well, shred is far from my genre of expertise so I'm going with the ones I like more. Doesn't Vai use Breeds?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales