After a few hours of learning notes, and learning to switch between them, i was staring at the tab of "a horse with no name" and thought heck, I'll give my own little jig a try, heres what i came out with. I use a series of 3 notes, E minor, G with no 5th fret, and D 6/9. Keep in mind this is my first little dig. I also would love some suggestions on an intro and maybe even a solo. I also sped this up 100%.

EDIT:
Couldn't upload to profile, here it is on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9fEbLYpyAA

Thanks in advance,

Zern
Last edited by zern at Feb 7, 2009,
haha man don't speed your music up, no one will respect you :P

pretty damn awesome for your second day though.

btw the term is riff not rift.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Congrats you madr it to the second day. A lot of beginner guitarists don't after the murder that happens to their fingertips(Press it harder!)
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

Hehe, yeah i noticed it was riff, anyway, I just learned Fur Elise, the chorus to Crazy Train, and a few Scales. Hoping to build off this one, But anyone know how to create a good intro?
Quote by goonerbynature
Congrats you madr it to the second day. A lot of beginner guitarists don't after the murder that happens to their fingertips(Press it harder!)

That's what she said.

Good job m8! You seem to be advancing quite quickly
Quote by N_J_B_B

My first lolstack!
Quote by Atlantis2112
That's what she said.

Good job m8! You seem to be advancing quite quickly

Thanks a ton, What other note could better this, i've been playing with my guitar and a chord chart and so far I like,Amsus4.

(oh and by the way, my fingers are completely numb and purple atm. Can't wait for guitar fingers :P)
Last edited by zern at Feb 7, 2009,
Cool man, practice makes perfect, just keep at it and those fingers will come, and it's so much nicer when they do...

I don't think there is necessarily any one way to make a good intro, maybe just trial and, error, I think that's the way it is with writing music, you start out, and some aren't so great, but then you start to develop a talent for it.

Keep it up. Crit for crit?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1061877
Quote by bronson_jess
Cool man, practice makes perfect, just keep at it and those fingers will come, and it's so much nicer when they do...

I don't think there is necessarily any one way to make a good intro, maybe just trial and, error, I think that's the way it is with writing music, you start out, and some aren't so great, but then you start to develop a talent for it.

Keep it up. Crit for crit?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1061877

Will do, btw gotta fix that youtube vid, its broken .
For your second day this is pretty good, I remember for my first few days I was still trying to get smoke on the water right ^^; you seem pretty determined with it so keep that attitude and ignore the purple fingers!! xD
Quote by Hot Jam Sushi
For your second day this is pretty good, I remember for my first few days I was still trying to get smoke on the water right ^^; you seem pretty determined with it so keep that attitude and ignore the purple fingers!! xD

:P Just learned mary had a little lamb... Did you learn the whole song, or just the simple riff?
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Keep at it, everyone has potential it needs to sound all nice and clean though, your guitar sounds like a banjo! Make sure you can here every note cleanly.

Hehe just retuned it, the reason it sounds like a banjo is the speed of it, sped it up 100%. Anyway, some notes are nulled cause im not used to switching to fast

thanks a ton.
hmmm i guess thats pretty good for 2nd day, who knows what i was i doin my 2nd day playing, the speedin up thing is a no no, and its sounded like your guitar was outta tune mbut just take some time get all those notes in clearly you'll do just fine
Quote by NightEmbers
hmmm i guess thats pretty good for 2nd day, who knows what i was i doin my 2nd day playing, the speedin up thing is a no no, and its sounded like your guitar was outta tune mbut just take some time get all those notes in clearly you'll do just fine

Will do, I'm having trouble incorporating the d chord in my music, any suggestions?
Quote by NightEmbers

His guitar sounded out of tune because of the speed up
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Quote by Demonology
His guitar sounded out of tune because of the speed up

I'm having trouble tuning it, i gotta get my dad to do it for me, any tips on how to tune it?
Quote by zern
I'm having trouble tuning it, i gotta get my dad to do it for me, any tips on how to tune it?

Oh, well there's 2 ways really.

Get someone to play the same note you need to tune to on an instrument (preferably guitar), and then tune the string with that note until it sounds the same. Make sure the person is playing in the right octave otherwise it might be pretty hard.

Or you can just buy an electric tuner, when using it you'll have to mess around with the string until it's at the right note, but don't tune rapidly cos if you go too high your string will snap :P
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Last edited by Demonology at Feb 8, 2009,
Oh ok, sweet, btw check out my new song in my profile called jam, its a expanded version of this song, with a few new chords and a different strummining pattern.
Ha, well creating music on my second day of learning was never even close to my mind.
I was intent on just getting the basics done.
You seem very ambitious. Kudos!
As for the song, it's rushed, as mentioned, and perhaps a tiny bit too harsh, but that's probably just my own preferences peeking through.
Great job for a first attempt though, and so early!

Also, thanks for the crit.

-Alpha
Quote by AlphaInsidious
Ha, well creating music on my second day of learning was never even close to my mind.
I was intent on just getting the basics done.
You seem very ambitious. Kudos!
As for the song, it's rushed, as mentioned, and perhaps a tiny bit too harsh, but that's probably just my own preferences peeking through.
Great job for a first attempt though, and so early!

Also, thanks for the crit.

-Alpha

By harsh im guessing loud, or over strummed? Well theres two reasons for that, my guitar was a bit close to the mic, and i guess i was a little forcefull with my hand . I learned some other basic strum pattern I'll try to use to help with that problem, thanks for the crit back
Quote by zern
:P Just learned mary had a little lamb... Did you learn the whole song, or just the simple riff?

lol, nice one! =P nah it was just that simple riff, my first few days were pretty disorientating I found! didn't have a clue what I was doing! =D twinkle twinkle little star next buddy!
Quote by Hot Jam Sushi
lol, nice one! =P nah it was just that simple riff, my first few days were pretty disorientating I found! didn't have a clue what I was doing! =D twinkle twinkle little star next buddy!

Hehe, i sorta feel like that, I almost got the whole " horse with no name" song down, just a little confused on strumming pattern, but i gotta go learn twinkle twinkle now. :P I know the riff of smoke on the water it was the first thing i learned