seriously, why does every two-bit actor on this planet need a singing career? not only actors, freaking Shaq decided he needed to start rapping in "Kazaam"! Lindsay Lohan, Hilary Duff, that Montana trap, etc. etc.
just because you can act doesn't mean you can sing, and just because you can sing doesn't mean you can act!
I'M LOOKING AT YOU, BRITNEY SPEARS! CROSSROADS WAS THE WORST MOVIE EVER! I ACTUALLY VOMITED HALFWAY THROUGH THAT PILE OF CRAP!!!

sorry..

anyway, why do so many actors/actresses feel the need to start a music career just because they're successful actors?

I don't get it.
I dunno man. People follow their hearts, and if their hearts lead them to Walmart, so be it.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by angusfan16
I dunno man. People follow their hearts, and if their hearts lead them to Walmart, so be it.

this

but I'm pretty sure that people sing along to songs and assume they sound awesome...actors just have the resources to record it professionally.
money
nothing more, nothing less
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Oh, and this is the internet. I have the right to be a douchebag. Fuck off.
I don't know.

But in Jered Leto's case, I'm glad he started a musical career.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
Look at disney, everyone can "sing", "dance", and "act".
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Money and fame leading them to greater heights of delusion. They start to think they have more talent than they do and because they can get away with things us normies can't (even if it's as simple as watching someone else singing on the huge screen in their home theater) they decide "hey, that's cool. I think I'll try." Then they do, because it's that damn easy.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by terrencemaddox
Not fair. He can't be tied down to any single specialty.

he's truly a gift from above
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
It's a lot of people's dreams to be in music (on this site, even more so..), but actors have the resources to do something about it regardless of talent.
Quote by angusfan16

Maynard FTW.