Hey UGers, just got a sweet board to organize all my pedals on at christmas and usually leave it plugged in so that its always ready to use since i give it some good play time. can i do this? i turn the pedals off its just i always have power running through them. thanks guys rock on
Why don't you just get a poewrbar, they have switches on them, that's what I use for my pedals.
Quote by timbit2006
Why don't you just get a poewrbar, they have switches on them, that's what I use for my pedals.

Make sure you get a peanutbutter one. the regular chocolates are just gross.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
yea i do the same thing..seems fine to me. and yes chocolate power bars are good but I like the vanilla crisp ones more..they're actually all amazing flavors..except apple..apple sucks
American Fender Strat

Taylor 314CE

Quote by pbiggie
this guy speaks truth
Don't some pedals drain batteries unless they're unplugged?
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
he's got a power adapter....

r3@dIng is FUN!

but yeah, most pedals kill their batteries if you leave them plugged in. except for true bypass. because the pedal has to use electricity to carry the signal through its circuit board even if it isn't modifying it.

Don't judge me.
Last edited by theoreticmusic at Feb 7, 2009,
use common sence and don't leave a bunch of cables tangled with some paper lying ontop of and near the flamable liquids and you should be fine
... wrote
the funny thing about those ads is, if i could steal a car at the comfort of my own computer in my own house, i would.

Quote by MyDesertRose
Ahahaha TS just got gobsmacked.
Well played Wicked Rose
Quote by theoreticmusic
he's got a power adapter....

r3@dIng is FUN!

DERP, some pedals are probably battery powered because of inconsistent power outputs from outlets, and if not, it was never explicitly stated that all of his pedals rely solely on a power strip.

EDIT:
BEING A PATRONIZING NUB IS FUN.
Gear...
Last edited by abcdboy at Feb 7, 2009,
Quote by the.eliminator
... i turn the pedals off its just i always have power running through them.

whee.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
whee.

Batteries don't give power?

Oh, my bad, I forgot that batteries deliver mana, not power. Silly me.

HERP DERP.
Gear...
right, we'll just let the OP settle this one. wake me up in a few hours.

Don't judge me.
Dude, your question has been answered, it will be fine, provided you have an adapter. If not, the pedals will suck all the battery power out (unless they are true bypass as mentioned). The only thing is letting the adapter overheat, but that won't happen for at least a week straight (this is also not mentioning contributing heavily to the electricity bill). I would suggest getting a power strip with an independent switch, which I have, simply because it's a lazy man's dream, and with an effects board like mine, I have to make it ergonomic as possible.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by abcdboy
DERP, some pedals are probably battery powered because of inconsistent power outputs from outlets, and if not, it was never explicitly stated that all of his pedals rely solely on a power strip.

EDIT:
BEING A PATRONIZING NUB IS FUN.

This is not as bad as you make it sound.

If that were true, then my amp volume and drive would be inconsistent resulting in my accents being lost since the volume fluctuates.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
I have a power strip with my pedal adapter and amps plugged into it. 1 switch turns everything on and off.
ya i have a dc power brick and i dont feel the slightest heat from it yet so i'm just leavin it on. thanks for the posts guys. later