I went to the guitar store today and I bought the Traynor YCS50, and it sounds great...I like it very much and it costed me 900 bucks.

While trying this amp at the store I stumbled across the Orange Tiny Terror and I tried that out too....it sounds also very good but it does lack in some features. I didnt consider the Orange because I was sorta in a hurry and it had to price tag on it (Orange are usually pretty expensive so I thought it was out of my price range).

So i went home and phoned the store when I wasnt busy and they told me it was selling for 920 bucks (which is only 20 bucks more)....

So should I make the swap? I still have like 3a month until the return policy is up.

I like both amps very much, the Traynor has more features, but Orange ...well its an Orange so the quality much be very very good and since its only 20 bucks more...I might as well IF its worth it

Edit:
another thing the Trayonr is pretty big and heavy while the orange is nice and compact But I do gig quite a bit and i know I usualy mic my amp..but is 15 watts really enough?? in some bigger venues
Last edited by Antimage27 at Feb 7, 2009,
The traynor. The Orange is a one trick pony, doesn't take pedals well, and is just lacking in tonal variety. I sold mine and couldn't be happier.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
The traynor. The Orange is a one trick pony, doesn't take pedals well, and is just lacking in tonal variety. I sold mine and couldn't be happier.

Did u have a korean made one? cuz those are pretty bad lol
Quote by theoreticmusic
yep.

well im talking about the tiny terror....its not crappy
yeah, it is....it's the same circuitry, and thats the problem.

Don't judge me.
The Orange has a different voicing than the Traynor I believe. Anyway, I'm not sure why anyone would want a Tiny Terror over a YCS-50 in the first place. The Tiny Terror combo is very overpriced IMO at 920 bucks, personally I think you're out of your mind for even considering the swap, but that's just my opinion.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
YCS-50 man. I have one of them and they are great. Wait until you crank it(if you haven't already). I love it, once you find some settings you like you will to.
Quote by MustangSVT
The Orange has a different voicing than the Traynor I believe. Anyway, I'm not sure why anyone would want a Tiny Terror over a YCS-50 in the first place. The Tiny Terror combo is very overpriced IMO at 920 bucks, personally I think you're out of your mind for even considering the swap, but that's just my opinion.

Ic...Im just considering, doesnt mean ill do it I was just curious because I dont know much about Orange amps and theyre professional level from what ive heard thats why the minor difference in price intrigued me
Well, the TT is just not professional level. It's an overly expensive entry level tube amp with the Orange name on the front. But don't tell that to the guy I just sold mine to.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
Well, the TT is just not professional level. It's an overly expensive entry level tube amp with the Orange name on the front. But don't tell that to the guy I just sold mine to.

Your secret is safe with me
Quote by theoreticmusic

I agree. In the US, it's an awful deal.

Plus, I'm not a big fan of it's overdrive.

threadstarter, also keep in mind that if you need CLEAN cleans...15 watts isn't enough for pristine cleans. You need more headroom. Most venues will be mic-ed up, and you can get by, but even then, IMO, with how I dig in, it's not enough clean headroom.
The TT is a joke in america. Overpriced and undertoned. Good find on the YCS, hope you enjoy it.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
if i can diverge slightly, if the tiny terror is a bad option (i've heard from a lot of ppl on this site that it was a great little amp), what is the best similar alternative?
I can't afford Traynors so how would it compare to say an ac15 or a fender blues jr. (obviously fender is american voiced and different sounding but with say a crunch box out front for rock)
Gear
Fender MIA Stratocaster (Sunburst)
Vox AC4TV
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yahama FG730S
Quote by Kevin Saale
The TT is a joke in america. Overpriced and undertoned. Good find on the YCS, hope you enjoy it.

It's a joke even here. You can get a VC30 for the same price which sounds better, is more versatile and generally nicer.
my friend got a tt combo last week for 600 your way overpaying

the tt lacks clean head room you wont be able to get over a drummer its unfortunate

i dont think its versatile enough

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Get the traynor you won't regret it. TT's aren't amazing.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
And Traynors are also good gigging kit. Stick with it, you won't regret it.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by les witty
if i can diverge slightly, if the tiny terror is a bad option (i've heard from a lot of ppl on this site that it was a great little amp), what is the best similar alternative?
I can't afford Traynors so how would it compare to say an ac15 or a fender blues jr. (obviously fender is american voiced and different sounding but with say a crunch box out front for rock)

Well, it depends on your budget.

I mean, I found my Traynor YCV40 for 425 bucks. That's cheaper than a Vox AC15, and it's better.
Quote by Antimage27
Ic...Im just considering, doesnt mean ill do it I was just curious because I dont know much about Orange amps and theyre professional level from what ive heard thats why the minor difference in price intrigued me

Orange amps are no more "professional level" than Traynor amps. I'm not sure what "professional" level means anyway. Orange isn't a boutique amp anyway.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by MustangSVT
Orange amps are no more "professional level" than Traynor amps. I'm not sure what "professional" level means anyway. Orange isn't a boutique amp anyway.

They just want people to think that so they can overcharge. After trying a few oranges I'm extremely unimpressed with the brand. They don't sound bad at higher volumes, but for what they cost they ought to sound great at low volumes, but they don't, they're fizzy and overall crap at lower volumes. Also, being dark amps doesn't make me warm up to them anymore either.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Well I would say that the amp you prefere the tone from is the right amp for you. Some people would say the the marshall 18 watt is the ultimate amp for them, others prefere a plexi, some like a fender deluxe reverb and others like a twin reverb. If you prefer the tiny terror over the traynor then the tiny terror is the better amp for you. Its your choice and up to you to find the right amp for you.
I'm also thinking about getting a Traynor YCS.
Quick question. What would be better, a 112 50w or a 212 90w? Why?
There are B-Stock versions of this amp on ebay for a great price (about $700) but on guitarflow they sell them new for (about $850.) What sounds like the best deal? Should there be a warning about B-stocks? Thanks.
90 tube watts is ridiculous for a non-high gain amp IMO.
TS - the Traynor is 100x more versatile than the TT. Don't even think about changing.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by timzee117
my friend got a tt combo last week for 600 your way overpaying

the tt lacks clean head room you wont be able to get over a drummer its unfortunate

i dont think its versatile enough

Why is everyone against TT's all of a sudden? I love mine, i think it sounds amazing. And if your friend couldn't get over a drummer with it, your drummer is probably busting through his drum heads and playing with hammers, during a firework show. It can't get over a drummer cleanly, but with the gain around 5 or 6 (a little bit of breakup) and the volume up about 3/4 of the way you can get over a drummer easily (and you'll need earplugs). cranked distortion and volume is freaking loud as ****. I don't even put it up that high for gigs. there's a comparison site that states that a 15 watt tube amp is like 77% as loud as a 100 watt tube amp. so yea, you're friend has a problem

it's a great amp, but not worth over 900 bucks.. just get the head if you have a cab already, otherwise, get a different amp... it's great, but not worth 900.... it's true, it's a one trick pony that doesn't take pedals well, but if that one sound suits your genre, you win...
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Canadian made Traynor YCS 50>>>>>>>>>>>Orange TT combo, by landslide.

For the money though, you might be able to score something better????
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?