Page 1 of 2
so while you northern hemispherians are having blizzards, down here we got bush fires
one of my friends is on the highway outside her house watching her house burn down, and another is just leaving, with the fires 1km from his place

a whole group of my mates were about 10m from one when they went swimming.

how close is everyone else

hope everyones ok
Quote by TunerAddict
BEST PAINTJOB EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is the sickest paint job in all of GB&C

Hawaiian Shirt Guy Of the Australia FTW! Club.
PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.
Australians only.

^omg I feel so sorry for your friends Tell them I sympathise for them.

There was a bushfire about 2kms from our house on the side of the road.

It was a 2-bush fire to be exact. Held up traffic for a few minutes.
Only 2 bushes were lost

But otherwise the fire danger is scaring the **** out of me...
Last edited by amaranth_todd at Feb 7, 2009,
my father is at one of the places that monitors the bushfires and how to best stop them (dunno what they are actually called :P) he called me before to say that he probably will be working there until about ~4 AM and that atm it is utter chaos and that one of the fires has broken through the fire barriers (where they burn out the shrubbery before the fire gets there so it dies out) and that it is already going through to Warrandyte.

P.S I had to play basketball at 47C today, **** sucked.
Quote by destroy_techno
this girl like said it was all screemz so I like punched her in teh face, serves her right stupid bish, don't fukk with Pantera
Emerald? I feel like I'm in the inner suburbs compared to you.

Here in Mooroolbark, there aren't any fires
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Being a fire fighter I know how much that sucks man.

My condolences go out to all you're friend and their families.

Hope it works out, or rains.
Quote by MHDrunk

Mooroolbark? omg your're the next suburb away from me!
Quote by Adrunselden
my father is at one of the places that monitors the bushfires and how to best stop them (dunno what they are actually called :P) he called me before to say that he probably will be working there until about ~4 AM and that atm it is utter chaos and that one of the fires has broken through the fire barriers (where they burn out the shrubbery before the fire gets there so it dies out) and that it is already going through to Warrandyte.

P.S I had to play basketball at 47C today, **** sucked.

yeah, i heard a tanker in warrandyte had an accident and sent out a mayday.
this is scary

whats everyones fire plan? leave or protect?

Quote by amaranth_todd
Mooroolbark? omg your're the next suburb away from me!

woah man, one of my friends is in muzza-b with his dad!
Quote by TunerAddict

Australians only.

Last edited by The_Kelaninator at Feb 7, 2009,
Quote by The_Kelaninator
yeah, i heard a tanker in warrandyte had an accident and sent out a mayday.
this is scary

whats everyones fire plan? leave or protect?

Gather important things and leave, I'd say. We dont have a fire plan
I'm living on a 5 acre block and next door is an empty five acre block of dry bushland, so i'm constantly **** scared of something going up in flames.

It did rain last night though, but it dried up within about 10 minutes of sunlight.
i live in the city.

i saw a huge convoy of fire trucks just speed past on the west gate freeway when I was on the balcony.

i got goosebumps y'know...I felt alot of respect.

I used to live in an army town not too far out of liverpool, nsw.

we'd always get huge fires and shiz...my dad used to get out his gerni and take it to people's houses we knew who lived right next to the bush.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Last edited by Teh Traineez0rz at Feb 7, 2009,
Quote by KSM_Dante
I'm living on a 5 acre block and next door is an empty five acre block of dry bushland, so i'm constantly **** scared of something going up in flames.

It did rain last night though, but it dried up within about 10 minutes of sunlight.

where abouts do you live?
my best friend has to work tonight, and its in ferny creek, like surrounded by bush.

our plan is stay, and like hose **** down, etc
we should be alright
Quote by TunerAddict

Australians only.

Quote by MHDrunk

im in kilsyth, probably the closest fire is ferntree gully, that ones getting pretty bad
Man Australia is really having a hard time right now . It always puzzles me how a country can have flash floods and bush fires in the same week. Were just starting to get the heatwave over here except our deifinition of a heatwave is 35 Degrees with %100 humidity. so not quite as bad.

Hope it gets better though

Our countries are like brothers untill it comes to sport (espicially with cricket at the moment )

EDIT: In from NZ BTW
Last edited by brianmoorebass at Feb 7, 2009,
Quote by bluephyre
im in kilsyth, probably the closest fire is ferntree gully, that ones getting pretty bad

yeah ferntree gullys where my friend lives..

i think i just heard thunder though....

hopefully some rain comes through
Quote by TunerAddict

Australians only.

Quote by Sublimical
Sorry for your friends misfortune, stay safe aussie UGers... good luck.

This.

Though it was fully 70F where I am today. Windy as hell, but still toasty.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

yeah its dusty as fu ck where i am from the fires in whitlesea. im in melbourne and about two suburbs away btw
I wonder if you will be getting any Canadian forest fire fighters to come help? It just so happens my dad is a liason Chief for Canada for fire fighters and he's had people go there before...and Australian fire fighters come to Canada in the past to help us. Interesting. I'd ask him but he's on a trip atm.

In the meantime good luck!
ಥ_ಥ
Quote by arsonite
I wonder if you will be getting any Canadian forest fire fighters to come help? It just so happens my dad is a liason Chief for Canada for fire fighters and he's had people go there before...and Australian fire fighters come to Canada in the past to help us. Interesting. I'd ask him but he's on a trip atm.

In the meantime good luck!

thanks,

yeah, last year we had firefighters from new zealand and canada come down
Quote by TunerAddict

Australians only.

Quote by The_Kelaninator
where abouts do you live?
my best friend has to work tonight, and its in ferny creek, like surrounded by bush.

our plan is stay, and like hose **** down, etc
we should be alright

Kemps creek in NSW. Its about an hour away from the city, and a 10 minute drive in any direction to surbubia.

We do have 2 massive rainwater tanks, so we should be alright, and the volunteer firefighters are a 1 minute drive down the road.
The change just came through here. Its already dropped to 25C

Hopefully we get some rain...

And ty to everyone wishing us good luck
Quote by KSM_Dante
Kemps creek in NSW. Its about an hour away from the city, and a 10 minute drive in any direction to surbubia.

We do have 2 massive rainwater tanks, so we should be alright, and the volunteer firefighters are a 1 minute drive down the road.

yeah, were getting everything ready for if it comes, so i wont be on for a bit.
we have a tank, a pond and a spa, so were gonna be good

thanks everyone, peace out
Quote by TunerAddict

Australians only.

yeah i live in beaumaris, which is kinda between the city and frankston, and theres was supposedly a small fire nearby to us today but i didnt notice.
i was at the pier with mates when my mate called saying there was a fire at beauy beach, which was about 350 metres from where we were but we didnt notice anything.

Its good that rains finally start to come, it was raining heaps just before with heaps of dust coming with it.
Keep safe everybody

oh ps, do any UGers actually round melbourne or between the city and frankston?
cheers
GEAR -
Gibson Les Paul VOS '57 gold top
ESP LTD MH-250NT
Vox AC15
My girlfriend's in FTG... on the border of Rowville. The fire there is a grassfire between FTG and UFTG right? That's what Connex said. Anyway she's working now.
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

Quote by MHDrunk
My girlfriend's in FTG... on the border of Rowville. The fire there is a grassfire between FTG and UFTG right? That's what Connex said. Anyway she's working now.

yeah
and theres one in gembrook, and my friends mum made her and her sister go to her grandmas
Quote by TunerAddict

Australians only.

Quote by The_Kelaninator
yeah
and theres one in gembrook, and my friends mum made her and her sister go to her grandmas

I have a friend over there... hope he's doing alright.

Quote by chivesmcpoe
oh ps, do any UGers actually round melbourne or between the city and frankston?
cheers

I live in Parkdale. And about the topic, my friend is in Kilmore and there's a fire right near there, so I hope shes okay. Damn hottest day on record.
haha yeah, so bloody hot today
hope everyone gets through it all
GEAR -
Gibson Les Paul VOS '57 gold top
ESP LTD MH-250NT
Vox AC15
Quote by ~Mr Brownstone~
I live in Parkdale. And about the topic, my friend is in Kilmore and there's a fire right near there, so I hope shes okay. Damn hottest day on record.

:O
theres big ones in kilmore apparently

been hearing a fair bit of thunder lately
Quote by TunerAddict

Australians only.

its so weired, its the hottest day on record, but i didn't think it was that bad, maybe because through the whole heatwave last week i was working on a roof (im a roof tiler)
I managed to walk half an hour to the station at lunch time without breaking a sweat, strange.

I'm in Ormond, in the middle-ish suburbs. Man, seeing fire trucks speeding eastward always makes me feel bad... I hope everyone out there is doing alright. The grey sky today scared the hell out of me.
Quote by Mutant Corn
I think that was the point...those are the most popular body styles, and TS wants to know which one UG thinks is coolest.zAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

edit: my cat walked across my keyboard
I'm out in East Doncaster and to the north and east there literally was a cloud of smoke not too high in the sky and choking out the sun for a time today. Was very ominous, I dont think the severity of the situation is apparent to you until you see stuff like that. And in the grander scheme of things there fires were nowhere near us, so I feel for those actually involved in them.
I was at work today and i saw ambulances driving past all the time with sirens blaring.

I hope everyone's alright.
I live in Ringwood. I went to dinner at someone's house in Lillydale, and about 40% of the sky was smoke. It's pretty crazy today, somewhere to the west of Victoria it was 48.9c.

Did you friend get her stuff out?
Hey guys, I have a friend who's a bit worried about some family members, do any of you Victorians know if the fires are in/near Tongala?

Any help appreciated.

I do know that they're in Mooroolbark, which is like 235km away..but that's all I know.
Quote by bluephyre
its so weired, its the hottest day on record, but i didn't think it was that bad, maybe because through the whole heatwave last week i was working on a roof (im a roof tiler)

dude...don't you guys get to go home if it's over 40 degrees?

especially for a roofer...that's crazy.

...and yeah, today was awesome cause I didn't have to work either.
yo.

I BELIEVE
We get off school when it's this hot.

Also, I know a roofer that was working in the heat wave last week, it was 67c on the roof.

Edit: Most tradeys (my Dad included) were starting work that week at around 5am.
Last edited by In Somni at Feb 7, 2009,
Page 1 of 2